Barclays Car Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4745 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone offer advice or have come across a similar problem, I am changing my car on friday , Audi A3 turbo diesel currently drive an A class mercedes which has come to the end of its life. Rang Barclays to advise them that I am changing my car , they said my current broker would not insure me as I have not owned the Audi for long enough and will take time to get use to driving it. I am in my mid 50s and been driving since I was 17 with no fines claims etc. They offered me a new policy via a new company but wanted £90+ if I cancelled my existing policy which ahs 6 months to run although it was not me that wanted to close teh policy it was the broker that wouldnt cover me .I would appreciate any thoughts,

Sounds like a load of made up nonsense to me. If Barclays cannot cover through the current underwriter, you are allowed to cancel the policy without penalty. i.e no cancellation/admin fee and only pay for the time on risk. Under FSA rules, if an Insurers cannot provide cover for the change you require, they are not allowed to penalise you in any way. The policy is simply cancelled with you paying the time on risk based on the normal daily rate, leaving you free to arrange cover elsewhere.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Totally agree.

You could find out who the underwiter is and speak to them direct; probably Aviva.

Barclays are usually pretty good to deal with, especially if you have an account with them, try speaking to a supervisor who should know the score.

With your age and history, they should be falling over themslves to give you the best deal.

Hi can anyone offer advice or have come across a similar problem, I am changing my car on friday , Audi A3 turbo diesel currently drive an A class mercedes which has come to the end of its life. Rang Barclays to advise them that I am changing my car , they said my current broker would not insure me as I have not owned the Audi for long enough and will take time to get use to driving it. I am in my mid 50s and been driving since I was 17 with no fines claims etc. They offered me a new policy via a new company but wanted £90+ if I cancelled my existing policy which ahs 6 months to run although it was not me that wanted to close teh policy it was the broker that wouldnt cover me .I would appreciate any thoughts,

exactly the reason why you shudnt use brokers!!

but do believe they are talking tosh