Statements

parki79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After reading the library section for the letter to send to the bank I dont have statements from the full period I intend to claim only for the charges for the last 3-4 months. Is it possible to try and claim thse back without my full statements?

Any ideas anyone

Thanks

If you want to claim back for a full 6 years, you'll need to get statements and from them get all the charges and dates.

You'll need to list all the charges with dates that you want to claim back for. You can't just write to them and claim back all the charges they have made to your account.

01/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - S.A.R sent

24/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Statements Received

31/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - 1st Request sent

13/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - LBA sent

23/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Offer received £1544 (Thanks but no thanks)

02/10/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - *WON* Full settlement

Guest BlueRuby

It sounds as though you need to read the FAQs, the step-by-step and as many posts on this forum as you can before you start writing to the bank! You don't want to bring the Wrath of Bankfodder down on you, do you? ;-)

Yeah I have read the faq but it still seems confusing to a newbie. Ive re read quite a few things. I have come to the conclusion that I need to send the data protection act letter to the bank with the £10. If this is the correct thing to do would I write a person cheque from the bank account I have with them? Seems like a daft question but im unsure whether they would want paymen from elsewhere.

Yep, send the Data Protection letter and include the payment of £10.

You can send a cheque, postal order or it might be a quicker option to just go into your bank and hand them a letter, then authorise them to take out the money straight from your account. If your dealing in branch though, be sure to get a signed receipt of anything you give to them.

Also, keep a copy of any correspondance you have with them, you may need them in the later stages.

01/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - S.A.R sent

24/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Statements Received

31/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - 1st Request sent

13/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - LBA sent

23/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Offer received £1544 (Thanks but no thanks)

02/10/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - *WON* Full settlement

Hi ive just popped into my local branch with the letter and the cashier looked at me blankly and insisted that I come back when the manager is in. Ive just popped it in the post and will see what happens with it and keep my fingers crossed.

Really dont feel right having to do this. Especially if they are likely to threaten me but I know its in the thousands they owe me due to me being disorganised in my younger days so I know its worthwhile just to see if I can get anywhere.

Thanks for the advice so far people, its appreciated.