Council Tax Letter asking who lives at my property.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I know this is nothing to really to worry about really but I have got a letter from the Council this morning basically asking me to confirm who lives at my property,

It says

"My records show that you and your partner are registered or are in the process of being registered for council tax in respect of the above property. In order that I can complete my records I would be grateful if you would provide me with your full names in the space provided below.."

Then it asks for our names.

Now bearing in mind I have paid council tax and been registered at this property for 6 years. I dont claim a discount or anything

I dont know if its got anything to do with the fact the council tax is in my maiden name but all the DD etc and electoral cards are in my married name. Do you think they are just asking me to confirm my full name to confirm by which name I go by or do you think there is something sinister going on behind the scenes. I have tried ringing but its Saturday !!

THanks in advance

I have sent similar letters out myself - usually its because a name has come up and its not been clear if they are an extra person who should be noted for council tax purposes. The best bet is to give them a ring on monday and explain the situation.