Council Deny Liability Plz Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Any help advise plz

I I was walking back from the shop when my foot got caught in a pothole and i went full force to the ground landing on my knee, There was no street ligths on that side of the road it was dark and the days that followed i got to find out it was a metal pole sign that was protruding from the pavement where a sign had been ripped out by a car hitting the sign two years before, I was taken to hostipal where a xray showed i had fractured my patella i was in compete agony i had to have a emergency op, Since then it has been a nightmare ive gone on to have five more ops over two years my patella fractured again lots of pain, I cannot walk to work the stand for 8 hours my knee just will not take it im now living a depressing life on benfits which i really hate because at the moment I cannot go back to work

I didn't used to believe in compensation claims but as a result of my accident I have lost income, My Confidence and I am suffering a lot of day to day pain and discomfort.

The council deny liability saying prior to the accident no defect was recorded at the place concerned, No other complaints between the last inspection and the accident The pavement is inspected every 183 days

Myolictor got the investigation report for the past two years but the solictors said the defect records are hard to follow will if he cant follow them can not

The sign post was missing after the car hit it for nearly two years this is a very public pavement that is rigth next to a school surely thats not rigthhaving a hole and metal sticking out of the ground for two years, The solictor said its got something to do with a yellow ring round. The councils insurance sent there inspector out to photograph the hole he said it was only 19mm but the photo was taken five months after the addicent the hole was filled in three days after the accident so on the inspectors photo it does not show the hole

Thanks

Thank you both for your replys

My family took photos two days after the accident which shows the hole was deeper than 2.5inches as they was taking the photos the council pull up the fill the hole and told my family to stop taking the pictures

Once again thnak you for your advice

Thanks Conniff for your reply

Yes they carried on to take the photos even though the council worker was not happy about it

when the inspectors took there photos the hole was 19mm so they say that is acceptable but there photos was taken five months after the accident so they still left a 19mm hole after filling it in ?

What do you mean about different ball game because of the yellow ring ?? How long do they have to sort the hole out once they have put the yellow ring round it ??

Thanks for the google maps tip but you cannot tell what date there images was taken

Thanks everyone for your help/tips/comments