• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Nikkiandmidgets V BOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya, think I have managed to put all my details in the templates for my SARS - was hoping to do more but my oldest is just in bed and the youngest has the sniffles so is waking up more often than usual for a few sucks at the bottle before crashing out again. Not sure about the addresses as there are so many to choose from for each organisation but have addressed the BOS ones to the Rosythy office. Hopefully this is correct! Just got to address the envelopes tonight, ready to take to the post office for my £10 postal orders and recorded delivery tomorrow. Am sending for 1 closed BOS acct, 1 open BOS joint acct,and 1 closed BOS mortgage acct

Am also sending S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s tomorrow for My Halifax acct, 2 x Capital One credit cards and 1 x CITI Credit card as well as my mums halifax bank acct. Still got Littlewoods catalogue, flexible and credit card, 2 closed Citi Loans, 1 closed Black horse Loan, Closed Macadam Finance\welcome Finance loans, Closed Egg Credit cards x 2, 1 current egg loan, 1 BOS Preference acct (Passed to Blair, Oliver and Scott), my mums old Capital One CC, Citi CC, and Old Mortgage. Think my sisters are away to dig out old acct numbersloan agreement numbers for me too and hubby may ask me too (Most likely getting divorced) so should be an expert on all this stuff by time I am finished.

Anyway, not sure I fancy going to court much so am crossing my fingers I wont have to as I cant speak in front of people and that the kids give me enough time to keep on top of everything. Was going to send these off last week but they have already delayed things by a few days as has taken me ages to read up on everything and still so much to read and so many different opinions. And have fallen even further behind on the housework!

Finally quick questions, should I send proof of id in with the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s(Will need to find a photocopier and not sure if this village has one as printer ink isnt cheap!)? Does BOS ask for it? If they do, is it included in the 40 days or does it all start again from the day they received the proof of id?Can I send them all in one envelope or should I post them individually?

think thats all for now.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Capital One (2) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelims sent 20/10/06, LBA's sent 16/11/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi credit card - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelim sent 9/10/06, LBA sent 28/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Egg (4) - S.A.R. sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidget Vs Littlewoods (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Blackhorse - Prelim sent 20/10/06 requesting £125 charges to be refunded. LBA sent 16/11/06.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Welcome Finance (Macadam Finance) - S.A.R and C.C.A request sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

My Mum Vs Capital One - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Citi - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs SLC - S.A.R and C.C.A sent 09/10/06

Husband Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Have not seen anyone that has been asked for ID by BOS. The S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) draws the banks attention to the address you use on the letter, so as long as this is the same address as the account is registered I don't think it'll be a problem. The 40 days starts from when they receive the request. Good luck!

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !

• 2 weeks later...

I know its nowhere near the 40 days but have received nothing from BOS yet so decided to email them via their website asking if they could acknowledge receipt. of my SAR. I did send it recorded delivery but the post office never gave me barcodes or whatever so I could track them and I was distracted with the kids getting grumpy in the pram!

Anyway I got this reply from their helpdesk within 30 mins of sending it -

Thank you for your e-mail of 22nd September 2006.

I am not familiar with the term 'SAR', please can you confirm what this

refers to and the address where your request was sent.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Joanne Scobie

Online HelpDesk

I emailed them back explaining what it is, what I requested and the address I sent it to. Also mentioned that I had heard others in the Consumer Action Group had received acknowledgements and as I hadnt just wanted to check that it was being processed. Not sure whether mentioning this group will slow down or speed up my application but couldnt resist mentioning it - after all I want them to know I WILL go all the way on this, and that I have a strong backing through this site!

Will let you know what they say!

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Capital One (2) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelims sent 20/10/06, LBA's sent 16/11/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi credit card - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelim sent 9/10/06, LBA sent 28/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Blackhorse - Prelim sent 20/10/06 requesting £125 charges to be refunded. LBA sent 16/11/06.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Welcome Finance (Macadam Finance) - S.A.R and C.C.A request sent 20/10/06

• 4 weeks later...

Have not heard anything yet. Will give them till their 40 days then chase up. Will type up a letter this week all ready to be sent out on Wednesday. Have a lot on at home just now so will give them the benefit of the doubt with their 40 days.

Emailed Nicola Inett yesterday to chase this up as 40 days was up yesterday and then received a letter today dated 24th from them saying that statements will arrive under separate cover, they are under no obligation ro record manual intervention so cannot assist further on that front so time to get the hilighter at the ready I think!

Received an envelope with Statements today - see they are for the 3 accts but doesnt look like this years are in there so perhaps they come from a different office. Will have a look this afternoon once I get the youngest down and see whats missing. Saw one acct had charges in '99 so will have to check totals and decide what I am going to do and how I will play things...

Right checked through all my statements so just got to decide which court I will go through, what interest rate to claim and what I am claiming for. Also got to wait for 2004-2006 statements from the joint acct.

OLD Mortgage Acct\Other accts I didnt ask for info

Firstly my mortgage acct shows no charges etc - I think I may have to write another SAR requesting information on all other accts they hold with me except these three as I know my mortgage also had an arrears acct. Plus I had a preference acct, a BOS loan and there are transactions on my old BOS acct showing transfers to and from a couple of other accts. Some of this will be past Scottish 5 years\English 6 years but as I only recently became aware of this I may try claiming older charges, but better get prelims out for these first!

OLD BOS ACCT

There are charges dating through 1999 -2002. There were £50 in '99, £455 in 2000(all over 6 yrs), £420 in 2001 (£60 of these over 5 yrs), and £180 from 2002. After all the charges in 2000 I received a partial refund of £200.

Joint BOS Acct

So far still waiting for last 2 years statements but charges on this till then are £378. I know we have incurred more charges in the last 2 years, and lots of charges and interest since November when our acct was frozen when we were going for divorce. They kept taking money out of my husbands bank acct to take it back under our £1000 overdraft but didnt take into acct charges to be added that month so lots of charges plus interest every month. I thought our interest and charges would have been stopped when the solicitor got the acct frozen and so did husband. We havent paid off the overdraft as our marriage is rocky and the money they have taken from my husbands acct more than covers the overdraft, and thats not including all our charges prior to this I am claiming back. I have printed off my online statements (Dates back to Nov 2005), but havent had a change to enter all charges from them in yet. Not sure how to do the interest as all interest charged in last year is clearly stated and reclaimable, but prior to this, hardly got charged interest as we increased our overdraft in 2005 from £100 to £1000. Will have to have a play around with the spreadsheets and ask if still stuck!

Had hoped to get the prelims and charges done on the old acct and sent off today but as some pre-date 5/6 years and I got a refund, will have to think about whether to split claim pre 6 years and within 6 years, just go for the whole lot, and how to deal with the refund previously received. Then just decide, which spreadsheet, which interest rate, and whether compounded interest or not.

Guest willowb

Boy!!!! You certainly are busy!!!!;)

It's difficult isn't it, with children around your feet, trying to 'get your head around' all this stuff and being organised and 'on top of things'.....just rescued some Court papers from 'death by poster paints'!!! :)

Good luck honey.

Wxx

• 3 weeks later...

Emailed Halifax and BOS several times and finally received a letter stating 'I refer to your email regarding your SAR. I am sorry you have not yet received your statements. I will re-order and get them sent to you urgently.

I also asked in my email for details of ALL accounts and information the company holds on me. They replied to this by saying 'Your original letter only asked for transactions and charges therefore, you will receive the remainder of the information within 40 days from receipt of your e-mail as allowed by DPA 1998'.

'Please note HBOS plc is not obliged to supply records held in paper format as they do not form part of a relevant filing system'.

This was sent by a Jayne Thomas so presume it relates to both Halifax and BOS as I mentioned both in my last email.

Received more statements on Friday from Bank of Scotland. They are for my Joint acct and are for April 2004 to end of October 2006. There are some pages missing so perhaps they will come on Monday, if not I will have to chase them up. Will have to check through and see if statements received cover all dates or if there are any more gaps. Am back at work part time so will hopefully get a chance to do this stuff sometime this week, and get prelims sent off for the joint acct and my old BOS acct. just got to decide on interest rate, whether to go for compound interest - will have to read through threads. I did fill in the simple and the complex spreadsheets and will also fill in the compounded one and see which one I will go for. Will have to double check that I have entered data accurately too. Also some of the equations on the complex sheet may have downloaded incorrectly as I believe some of the fields which come up false should come up true for interest charged so need to look into that too.