Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Basic Account Holder stalin's dead Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Oct 2009

Default ESA re-application following a failed ESA appeal

Can someone please clarify beyond doubt the question about when you can reapply for ESA following a failed appeal? It is 6 months after the appeal date itself or 6 months after a failed ATOS medical confirmation letter from the DWP stating fitness for work?

I have my appeal in 5 weeks and if I fail the last thing I want to do is apply for JSA!

The date of my failed ATOS medical was in Aug 2010 which is obviously over 7 months ago now so if i fail my ESA appeal can I immediately reapply for ESA?

Many thanks

Basic Account Holder rightsforme Novitiate

Cagger since
    Oct 2008

Default Re: ESA re-application following a failed ESA appeal

It is 6 months after the decision of the failed medical so if tribunal is not successful you would be able to reapply straight away.
    Make sure you read sticky on here and prepare supporting evidence so that tribunal overturns the decision so you don't have to go through the farce again. Good luck

Cagger since
    Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by rightsforme View Post
    It is 6 months after the decision of the failed medical so if tribunal is not successful you would be able to reapply straight away.
    Make sure you read sticky on here and prepare supporting evidence so that tribunal overturns the decision so you don't have to go through the farce again. Good luck
    rightsF,

thanks for that mate,

much obliged

sd

Basic Account Holder mandyjay Novitiate

Cagger since
    Mar 2011
    I am in
    leicestershire

Hiya I just wanted to say I really hope you win at the tribunal good luck... because Iv just failed my tribunal and was just told I can't claim jobseekers allowence because i cant work and I need to re- apply for ESA I could scream because they stopped my ESA last week and now say its ok to claim it. I feel Like they have done this so they don't have to pay my backdated money .. I hope you get someone who is really understanding and understands your illness I think that was my problem the man didn't understand my illness.

good luck
    Mandy

Basic Account Holder Mildly Diverting Novitiate

Cagger since
    Apr 2011

You wouldn't believe the relief I'm feeling from finding this forum. I lost my tribunal yesterday and had no idea what to do next - except to just accept that I'd have to sign on. Thankfully my medical was 5 months 3 weeks ago, so thanks for the knowledge that I can start again in a week! Also, thanks to all who gave advice in the stickied thread - I can see why I lost so convincingly now - I just ticked the boxes on the forms and tried to look like a normal human being at the medical. Silly, really.

Cagger since
    Oct 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Mildly Diverting View Post
    You wouldn't believe the relief I'm feeling from finding this forum. I lost my tribunal yesterday and had no idea what to do next - except to just accept that I'd have to sign on. Thankfully my medical was 5 months 3 weeks ago, so thanks for the knowledge that I can start again in a week! Also, thanks to all who gave advice in the stickied thread - I can see why I lost so convincingly now - I just ticked the boxes on the forms and tried to look like a normal human being at the medical. Silly, really.
    can you keep us up to date with events mate

I have my tribunal in 4 weeks so how should i behave?! Should I act normal or downtrodden?

I know you can apply for ESA after 6 months but will they pay you any money when you do apply? The DWP may accept your ESA claim but is that the same as accepting it and paying you any money on submission of a sick note?

thanks

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2009
    I am in
    Pixie land.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Well, you've found us now.

If you have any other questions now or later, just start a thread of your own and we'll do our best to help you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

IB/ESA Tribunal template successes [that I know about]:
    honeybee13 April 2008; brighton gal January 2010 ; cbbc May 2010 lee100 September 2010 HadEnough October 2010 nitelite February 2011 Pritti March 2011
    Nottingham1989 [with leemack] June 2011
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Apr 2011

Quote Originally Posted by stalin's dead View Post
    can you keep us up to date with events mate

I have my tribunal in 4 weeks so how should i behave?! Should I act normal or downtrodden?
    Unfortunately I can't help there, as I was too ill to attend. From what I've read in the aforementioned sticky thread, is that preparation along the way is all. I don't think my attendance would have made the least bit of difference due to my not having any points from my medical (and I'd only be claiming for a few months - I sailed through the original medical), nor a letter from my actual, real-world GP.

This time, I'm going prepared!

Cagger since
    Apr 2011

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee13 View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum. Well, you've found us now.

If you have any other questions now or later, just start a thread of your own and we'll do our best to help you.

My best, HB
    Thank you very much

Cagger since
    Apr 2011

Quote Originally Posted by stalin's dead View Post
    I know you can apply for ESA after 6 months but will they pay you any money when you do apply? The DWP may accept your ESA claim but is that the same as accepting it and paying you any money on submission of a sick note?

thanks
    Sorry, missed that bit. I'm assuming that if you reapply with a valid sick note that they have no choice other than to start the whole thing again. I'd be grateful if anyone could correct me if I've misunderstood that.

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK's Avatar

Cagger since
    Oct 2009
    I am in
    a world of my own ...

Yes, I can confirm that on failing your tribunal and reapplying for ESA it is seen as a fresh claim and you start all over again. I'm awaiting my second tribunal and have, effectively, been on the assessment rate continuously since November 2009 ...
    Rae

Cagger since
    Apr 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Kelcou View Post
    Yes, I can confirm that on failing your tribunal and reapplying for ESA it is seen as a fresh claim and you start all over again. I'm awaiting my second tribunal and have, effectively, been on the assessment rate continuously since November 2009 ...
    Rae
    Thanks for that very welcome info!

Basic Account Holder mandyjay Novitiate

Cagger since
    Mar 2011
    I am in
    leicestershire

Hello everyone, today I was at the CAB they helped me fill out my new ESA form, I managed to get another sick note from my g.p so all the process is starting again... Hopefully by next week I will have some money...
    Thankyou for all your help i'll keep you up to date with what happens..
    Mandy .

Basic Account Holder kayleym1 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jul 2011

Hi, Im new here. I just want to say thank you for all the info everybody has put up. I failed my Tribunal yesterday after the snobby Doctor didnt believe me. I sat there rolling his eyes at everything I said then looked down on me when I told him my mum and my partner (who I both live with) or out of work! I couldnt believe it! I asked at the end whether Id recieve information about what to do next if they dont award me ESA. The man who was on the legal side said Id recieve a letter and it will tell me everything I need to know in there. No such letter has arrived. Just their decision letter telling me they agree with the state (which is no big suprise after yesterday's interigation!) Iv been worried sick as to what to do know. The JSA have told me I cant claim them as I cant do a full day's work. Iv just been turned down for ESA. All this worry and panic is making me ill It's now July 2011, I had my medical March 2010 so Im assuming I can make a new claim for ESA. Iv read that this can only be done if you have a different illness. You cant claim on an illness you have already tried to claim for. Is this true? If so im screwed!!! How do i go about making a new claim? I was siging on at the time of my first claim. I just had to fill a form out and send it to somewhere within the JSA along with my sick note. As of yesterday Im not claiming anything. I really cannot go without money. There isnt enough coming into the household with my mum and partner out of work aswell. Im going to end up in all kinds of trouble with the company I have have debts with. I just dont know what to do. Can anybody PLEASE help me??

Cagger since
    Apr 2011

Don't panic! I reclaimed with the same condition under the six month clause and have been paid ever since. New medical on Monday. Oh, the joy

Cagger since
    Oct 2009

You can apply with the same condition just as long it is 6 months from the date of notification of your failed medical

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative

Cagger since
    Feb 2011

[QUOTE] The JSA have told me I cant claim them as I cant do a full day's work.[/QUOTE

This isn't actually quite true. I claim JSA and they are aware that I can't do a full days work. I think there is a lower limit (might be 16 hours) that you must be able to work. However, if you have a disability which affects your ability to work, you can ask that you only find jobs where you work x amount of hours.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    leemack Informative leemack Informative leemack Informative leemack Informative leemack Informative

Cagger since
    Dec 2010

Yes, you have to be willing to work at least 16 hours to claim JSA, and if you have a disability you can negotiate to restrict your hours to 16 or above if you have good cause.

Basic Account Holder kayleym1 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jul 2011

It's very hard not to panic lol. When I was at JSA before trying to claim ESA, the man who I was signing with told me about a job. i couldnt him I wouldnt be able to do that because Iv just been diagnosed with an illness which prevents me from doing any work like that. He then said to me that "if I cannot do the jobs being offered then I cannot sign on. Simple as that!" I then had to go and see my advisor who told me the same thing. I dunno, maybe its just one less person claiming JSA. Can anybody tell me how I go about making a new claim please? Thank you so much guys

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    leemack Informative leemack Informative leemack Informative leemack Informative leemack Informative

Cagger since
    Dec 2010

Get a med cert. Phone the claim line and complete the claim over the phone. Easy.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE