E.ON electric supply

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi the

That is outrageous. Don't speak to them over the phone. Write to their Head Office, explain your circumstances, lets see what they have to say. Actually hold fire, we have EON Rep who can look into the matter for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?281738-E.ON-Company-Rep-Helena

That must be a mistake.

If you press the blue button on your prepayment meter, this will change the display, if you get to screen F, this will show the weekly charge i.e. 7 days of standing charge and any debt collection rate applicable.

For example the daily standing charge applicable in the East Midlands area for a one-rate meter is 25.809p per day - other areas may vary by a couple of pence per day, the agent you have spoken to has clearly got things wrong. Only the most expensive business products charge standing charges of the level quoted to you.

With regards to prepayment removal, the current guidelines are:

If the meter was fitted because you built up a debt, it will not be removed

If you are a tenant you must be an EON customer for 12 months before the meter can be removed

If you own the property, the meter can be removed

In both instances ie whether you own or rent the following applies: You must agree to an external credit check, which must be successful, you must agree to pay future bills by Direct Debit, a fee of £53 to cover the cost of the meter removal must be applied.

Exceptions to this is where the customer is vulnerable and unable to vend the meter and is at risk of self-disconnection ie a housebound person wouldn't be able to get out to buy credit.

Hope that helps

Hi Theactionman

There's very little I can add to the excellent post from nottslad.

I, too, clearly believe our agent was mistaken when advising a daily standing charge of £2.40. This is more like the weekly charge for residential customers.

As nottslad says, you can check yourself what rates are set on the meter by pressing the blue button on the front of the meter. Each screen displays a different piece of info.

For more information about prepayment key meters and what the various settings refer to please have a look at our website.

Sorry for the confusion but hope this is useful Theactionman. Drop me a PM if you would like me to take a look at your account or would like the link to the relevant prepayment page on our website. Would be happy to help.

Malc

Actionman register for your account online at eonenergy.com, you will then be able to get a free energy monitor to check your energy consumption.

Have you possibly got any faulty appliances? In the years I've worked in the energy industry I've very rarely come across a faulty key meter- the Actaris models are really quite good.

There are no extra charges for prepayment and the standing charge is only 20-25p a day