Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Theactionman Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Aug 2010

Default E.ON electric supply

Hi, I have a problem with E.on electric supply. They have stated that I have got to keep the key meter for min. 6 months and I discovered after speaking to customer service that the daily rate is set at 2:40 per day!! Can anyone help with this issue?

Follows
    Following

Site Team rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative

Cagger since
    Oct 2009
    Blog Entries

Default Re: E.ON electric supply

Hi the

That is outrageous. Don't speak to them over the phone. Write to their Head Office, explain your circumstances, lets see what they have to say. Actually hold fire, we have EON Rep who can look into the matter for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...any-Rep-Helena

Cagger since
    Aug 2010

Hi and thanx for your rapid reply. I will try the E.on rep now.

Site Team rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative

Cagger since
    Oct 2009
    Blog Entries

Don't forget she probably works 9.00-5.308)

Quote Originally Posted by Theactionman View Post
    Hi and thanx for your rapid reply. I will try the E.on rep now.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    nottslad Informative nottslad Informative nottslad Informative nottslad Informative nottslad Informative nottslad's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jul 2008

That must be a mistake.

If you press the blue button on your prepayment meter, this will change the display, if you get to screen F, this will show the weekly charge i.e. 7 days of standing charge and any debt collectionicon rate applicable.

For example the daily standing charge applicable in the East Midlands area for a one-rate meter is 25.809p per day - other areas may vary by a couple of pence per day, the agent you have spoken to has clearly got things wrong. Only the most expensive business products charge standing charges of the level quoted to you.

With regards to prepayment removal, the current guidelines are:

If the meter was fitted because you built up a debt, it will not be removed

If you are a tenant you must be an EON customer for 12 months before the meter can be removed

If you own the property, the meter can be removed

In both instances ie whether you own or rent the following applies: You must agree to an external credit check, which must be successful, you must agree to pay future bills by direct debiticon, a fee of 53 to cover the cost of the meter removal must be applied.

Exceptions to this is where the customer is vulnerable and unable to vend the meter and is at risk of self-disconnection ie a housebound person wouldn't be able to get out to buy credit.

Hope that helps

Corporate Poster E.ON Company Rep: Malc Informative E.ON Company Rep: Malc Informative E.ON Company Rep: Malc Informative E.ON Company Rep: Malc Informative E.ON Company Rep: Malc Informative

Cagger since
    Feb 2011

Hi Theactionman

There's very little I can add to the excellent post from nottslad.

I, too, clearly believe our agent was mistaken when advising a daily standing charge of 2.40. This is more like the weekly charge for residential customers.

As nottslad says, you can check yourself what rates are set on the meter by pressing the blue button on the front of the meter. Each screen displays a different piece of info.

For more information about prepayment key meters and what the various settings refer to please have a look at our website.

Sorry for the confusion but hope this is useful Theactionman. Drop me a PM if you would like me to take a look at your account or would like the link to the relevant prepayment page on our website. Would be happy to help.

Malc

Cagger since
    Aug 2010

You want to believe it. Almost 20 was used on the first 24hrs!!!

Basic Account Holder Wembot Novitiate

Cagger since
    Mar 2011

Sounds like the meter is either damaged or there is an outstanding debt. All meter adjustments can be sorted out by remote so they wouldn't even need to send out an engineer.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    nottslad Informative nottslad Informative nottslad Informative nottslad Informative nottslad Informative nottslad's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jul 2008

Actionman register for your account online at eonenergy.com, you will then be able to get a free energy monitor to check your energy consumption.

Have you possibly got any faulty appliances? In the years I've worked in the energy industry I've very rarely come across a faulty key meter- the Actaris models are really quite good.

There are no extra charges for prepayment and the standing charge is only 20-25p a day

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    2Grumpy Highly informative 2Grumpy Highly informative 2Grumpy Highly informative 2Grumpy Highly informative 2Grumpy Highly informative 2Grumpy Highly informative

Cagger since
    Jun 2007
    I am in
    transigent

My son had a key meter that ate money - no debts to recover - turned out everything was set 10x too high ...

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE