esa and working partner

sj01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I get esa and I am in the work focused group.

Would I still be entitled to esa if my partner manages to get a job.

At the moment I put in a joint claim for him as a couple.

Edited by sj01

• 8 months later...

I am awaiting ESA medical report from August!!! Have been on IB since 2007 due to severe Arthritis and i am on list for knee replacement. I also recieve DLA which has been awarded indefinatley even though no letters to doc or consultant!! I have been told if my wife works more than 24hrs a week it will jepardize my ESA,is this correct? If so why penalise families where only one can work. Thanks Nick :-)

If you are entitled to contribution based ESA then you will still receive that (if you are placed in the wrag then then you will only receive esa contribution based for a period of 12 months from this april coming and it will be retrospective if you have already received the cont based esa for a period of more than 12 months hope that makes sense).

If you receive the income based esa then you have to inform them if you partner starts work regardless of the hours as the income based award could be affected by her part time wage and if it is more than 24 hours your income based element will be removed.

It is no different than a couple claiming JSA where only one of the couple can take emploment so itsn't necessarily a punishment as they are bring all the benefits into alignment reading for the migration to universal credit.