Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder anyt Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Feb 2011

Default Question about ESA benifit while appealing to tribunal

Hi, i read the sticky regarding ESA appealing and couldn't find and answer to my question. Basically i failed my WCA for severe depression and appealed the decision and the DWP sent me load of paperwork saying the will not change it. So now i am going the tribunal route but the information in the sticky says i will continue to get ESA at the assesment rate but doesn't state if i will get paid as usuall every two weeks or ONLY if i win the appeal at the tribunal. If the answer is the latter, what am i supposed to live on while i am waiting to go to the appeal?
    Can anyone help with this question please

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2009
    I am in
    Pixie land.

Default Re: Question about ESA benifit while appealing to tribunal

Hello there and welcome to the forum. As I understand it, you will be paid the assessment rate [around 65pw from memory] while your appeal is going through.

If I'm wrong, I hope one of our experts will correct me.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

IB/ESA Tribunal template successes [that I know about]:
    honeybee13 April 2008; brighton gal January 2010 ; cbbc May 2010 lee100 September 2010 HadEnough October 2010 nitelite February 2011 Pritti March 2011
    Nottingham1989 [with leemack] June 2011
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder anyt Novitiate

Cagger since
    Feb 2011

Thanks for your quick response to my question, i should have put more clearly in my first post that i am not sure if i get the money backdated if i win my appeal of paid every fortnight during my appeal to the tribunal.
    I mean if they backdate it if you win i dont know what i am going to live on in the meantime, i heard it can take months.

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2009
    I am in
    Pixie land.

Well, I think you get the 65 or so paid while you appeal and the backdated extra amount if you win. I'm sure someone will put me right if I've misunderstood.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

IB/ESA Tribunal template successes [that I know about]:
    honeybee13 April 2008; brighton gal January 2010 ; cbbc May 2010 lee100 September 2010 HadEnough October 2010 nitelite February 2011 Pritti March 2011
    Nottingham1989 [with leemack] June 2011
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE