Car Clamped by Ethical Parking Management

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Saturday I parked my car for 24hrs in a privately owned carpark in Brighton, paid the required amount due the duration of my intended stay and left the ticket on the dash and walked away. A couple of hours later i had to collect something form the car and it would seem that in my hurry to get back to the hotel i was staying in i neglected to check the ticket was still on display. You guess it, when i closed the door the ticket slipped off the Dashboard.

The next morning when i collected the car it had been clamped and a lovely yellow notice was left on the windscreen stating that in order for the clamp to be removed i would have to pay £120. I phoned the expensive 0844 number, explained the situation and contested my innocence but was told tough, pay to have the clamp removed of the car will be towed away. I paid the £120 by CC under duress by Credit card as I had to be somewhere else and the clamp was removed. When the “Parking Enforcement Officer” arrived some 2 hours later i expressed my frustration using some choice words, I’m not proud of what i called him!

I could appeal the charge but know the chance of success is pretty much nonexistent so am I correct in thinking the only way I can reclaim the £120 paid to release the clamp is to request a chargeback from my CC company?

Sign a few metres away from the car.

IMG_0184.jpg

Edited by stroke a badger

I know where the car park is but not the name of the company/person who owns the land.

You will need a grid reference from a recent Ordenance map or just go to the local library and get a photocopy of a map showing the exact map position of the carpark. Mark the map with red felt tip around the the exact place and send to land reg with the fee for a copy of the Title.

http://www1.landregistry.gov.uk/assets/library/documents/public_guide_001.html#2.4

Edited by dw190

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

I am not sure if that is correct. If you were blackmailed you would be under duress, I think you need to go back and force the issue. I recall a posting somewhere on this forum where someone forced a chargeback. I cannot recall where it was b ut maybe you could have a trawl and see if you can locate it and pm the poster. However you may decide to do as suggested in Post #3

I would ring the CC company again ask to speak to someone higher. If they still say no ask them to put it in writing saying that's their final decision as you wish to complain to the FOS

My CC company have FINALLY agreed to accept a chargeback but need a detailed account of the sequence of events and a copy of the parking ticket before they will process my request.