can i stop child benefit

totallyworried
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm wanting to stop child benefit for my daughter, she has been in & out of college, & decided after all that she wanted to go back. I have been told different things by different people, and this has made me feel very uncertain about my claim, i'm really worried about it,and would prefer not to claim it any more as i feel totally unsure about it.

does anyone know if i can i stop child benefit. I want to stop it, I can't stand feeling so unsure, and it really isn't worth the worry i'm going through.

many thanks

Edited by totallyworried

Is she aged between 16 and 19 and in full time education at the moment? If so you are entitled to it. If not, then you would need to cancel it. Telephone the number on your child benefit letter. They will ask for your claim number (also on your letter). You will need to be able to say when she left full time education.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Hi

yes, she's in FT education now.

I just want to stop it, I've been worried about it and it's not worth it. My TC's for her have stopped, they say I no longer qualify for her, i don't know if the rules are the same though This is adding to my worry.

I would rather stop it, truly,and not have this hanging over me any more. If they have overpaid me, what do i do?

many thanks

Edited by totallyworried