Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder dawahis Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Feb 2011

Default Another PCN! Contravention code 21 with pictures

Hi all,

Ive been issued with a pcnicon because of contravention code 21 - parking in suspension bay. Anything wrong with the sign below?? All I can think of is the sign says "OPP" instead of opposite?? Is that enough to appeal?? How should i word my PCN appeal letter. Please help.

Many thanks

IMAG0175.jpg

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2009

Default Re: Another PCN! Contravention code 21 with pictures

Sorry, can't see all the wording on the sign from that angle. I take it its a council pcnicon as I can see what looks like a PPC logo.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder dawahis Novitiate

Cagger since
    Feb 2011

Here, i've attached it to zoom in on the notice. Hope you can help. Many thanks

2.jpg

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean Highly informative green_and_mean's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

In addition to the above case you can argue that the suspension is not correctly signed, the bays are not 24 hours they are 8.30 - 6.30 so the signage should clearly state the restriction is 24hrs it does state 'enforced 24hrs' but that doesn't state when its actually restricted, in addition I beleive the actual car club bays are not suspended 24 hrs causing confusion as the bays are next to each other and the signs look the same.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Bernie_the_Bolt Informative Bernie_the_Bolt Informative

Cagger since
    Sep 2007

What is interesting (to me) about that case G&M is that the adjudicator has cited Davies v Heatley;

the fact that a sign is clear does not make it correct (see, for example, Davies v Heatley [1971] RTR 145)
    He earlier referred to the de minimis principle

The only way in which this sign could conceivably be saved is by the application of the de minimis principle. No doubt the Council would urge me to do so, but in my view this is not an appropriate case. This is not an instance of some minor error in the size or capitalisation of the letters, or the border of the sign, or even of a single misplaced word.
    These two point give us quite a good steer on anticipating de minimis arguments and the likely thinking of Adjudicators.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.
    The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.
    I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.
    Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE