HELP! Received a threatening letter from EquiDebt & Debt isn’t on my credit file Experian.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HELP! Received a threatening letter from EquiDebt & Debt isn’t on my credit file with Experian.

I have received a letter from Equidebt and they are saying they have evidence I live at my current address {must have been from Experian} and I owe MBNA over £4,000!!

I have lived here for nearly 4 years & got my credit file last month & nothing for MBNA or ANYTHING near that amount was on my file... In fact, ALL accounts were registered as ‘Satisfactory’… NOTHING had MBNA, nor was anything near this amount.

What do I do??

SURELY, if this is a registered debt it would show on my credit file?!?!!

HELP.

:’(

Don't panic!:scared:

There is zero that is going to happen today, tomorrow or next week, do you seriously believe that if you did owe this, that they would have waited nearly four years to chase you for it? NO! If they could have done anything about this, then they would have done so in the first 12 months of you allegedly owing it, so chillax a little.

So, do you have knowledge of this debt?

If so, what is the figure you remember owing, and when was the last time you ackn this?(Aug 2007?)

You could wait for their next missive to land on your doormat before starting the game of letter tennis, can you scan and post up the letter they sent, removing ALL, ID, bar codes, addresses, ref numbers, funny square boxes, just leave dates.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I wrote to Virgin in 2007 and asked them to write off the debt or delare me bancrupt, due to EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES... I was hospitalised for over a 6 month period & provided Virgin with medical reports that for 2 years I wouldn't be able to work.... I got NO REPLY.

I decided to get my credit file & see IF I owed Vigin anything... would have been around £3000... But they where not on there, so I presumed that they had 'written it off'.

Then I get this letter after nearly two years of sending back, ''we are trying to locate my name'' letters from SQN, who I now know are owned by EquiDebt.

xXx

When you scan & post it up PLEASE remember to remove anything that will ID you, bar codes, ref numbers, your name! But I feel this will be simple to deal with, so don't worry, and you DO NOT surprise me that you have been ignored, VM are exceptionally good at this, in fact they have a training manual on how to ignore it's customers (allegedly)

I have been with them for a few years now, NOT because I want to, but because I have to and they are cheap, which is indicative when you ring India!!!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

... Well, Can't scan, as scanner has decided to play up... Typical. :rolleyes:

They have sent one EquiDebt, 'Written as they have contacted me before'... Basically, you owe this amount - please contact us to set up an arrangement.

I returned to sender, as I have done with the letters from SQN, ''looking for this person on urgent matter''.

Now they have sent another SQN, saying... Our correspondence recently sent to the above address has been returned to us marked as GONE AWAY.

Then in HUGH LETTERS, it says:

''OUR INVESTIGATIONS INDICATE THAT YOU ARE STILL A RESIDENT AT THE ADDRESS. YOU HAVE TO CONTACT US TO SETTLE THE ABOVE OUTSTANDING BALANCE.''

It continues... ''This is a REGISTERED DEBT and you HAVE to contact us to SETTLE THIS BALANCE. If you contact us now we can advise you of the discounts you are entitled to. Contacting us now will prevent further action''

:-(

Do you think I could try a return to sender again?

OK so the first thing to do is send them a prove it letter, simply stating that you are you at that address and that you owe x amount proves zilch, send it second class and wait for their reply

PS what/who is SQN?

... SQN are the donkeys for EquiDebt, after a bit of light googling... EquiDebt are the 'Big Guns'.

I'm inclined to return to sender, as if I admit I am me.... It will start a long line of letter tennis... Prob resulting in me being broke, again.

AND as for the discounts, they sent a letter last year offering it as less than half price!!

Just none of the letters have been as 'scary looking' as these two... if that makes sense.

:)

xXx

Do what they do, IGNORE, as you rightly say, what is the point in getting into a new game of letter tennis? Unless you want to bait the deluded uneducated fools, why bother?

"RTS Not known at this addres".

Ignore them, they are deluded bullies who like nothing more than to go home at night and tell their Mummies 'today I made this woman cry and got her to pay me her food shopping money, I earned 40 pounds in commission because of her'

Stuff em, if you know you owe someone money then pay THEM direct, ignore these imbeciles..

Thanks everyone… I think I just panicked because I have never got 2 so close together.

And the fact they are not even showing as an outstanding debt on my credit file, worried me (MBNA aren’t even on there).

I will keep ignoring… For as long as humanly possible… Then HOPEFULLY by the time letter Tennis starts, it will take me into the 6yr holy gate. ;)

I will keep you updated should the ‘bottom feeders’ contact me again. :)

xXx

• 3 weeks later...

hi helen,

you mentioned that your debts were not showing on your credit report. have you thought about ordering your equifax and callcredit reports. they sometimes show different information to experian.

you can order them both free online.

Compare Experian, Equifax and CallCredit and Find Out How To Get Your Free Credit Report!