Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Angelfish*Helen Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Aug 2009

Default HELP! Received a threatening letter from EquiDebt & Debt isnít on my credit file Experian.

HELP! Received a threatening letter from EquiDebt & Debt isnít on my credit file with Experian.

I have received a letter from Equidebt and they are saying they have evidence I live at my current address {must have been from Experian} and I owe MBNAicon over £4,000!!

I have lived here for nearly 4 years & got my credit file last month & nothing for MBNA or ANYTHING near that amount was on my file... In fact, ALL accounts were registered as ĎSatisfactoryíÖ NOTHING had MBNA, nor was anything near this amount.

What do I do??

SURELY, if this is a registered debt it would show on my credit file?!?!!

HELP.

:í(

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    dadofholly Highly informative dadofholly Highly informative dadofholly Highly informative dadofholly Highly informative dadofholly Highly informative dadofholly Highly informative dadofholly's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2007
    I am in
    A World of my own

Default Re: HELP! Received a threatening letter from EquiDebt & Debt isnít on my credit file Experian.

They do not have to register it with the CRA's

How long ago was the last payment made on this account?

The Banks lend you Credit that is created out of nothing - FACT.

Only 3% of the Money in the Uk is in the form of notes and coins - the rest is created by banks as debts - numbers on computers - nothing more.

Money should be our servant - not our master - Its Time to reform the Banking system

For more info on how banks create loans from nothing - The problems of our debt based economy - and what the solution is - look here

Further Reading and articles on our debt based economy found here

http://prosperityuk.com/

The campaign for this reform is backed by a group of economists, lawyers, engineers, former civil servants, university academics and business people as well as the public.
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Aug 2009

Default Re: HELP! Received a threatening letter from EquiDebt & Debt isnít on my credit file Experian.

I think it was August 2007 {just before I moved here}... Do I send a 'Prove it letter'?

I really can't afford to pay anything... I live on the bread line as it is, and as a single person, I don't get any help/tax credits etc, nothing. :'(

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2008
    I am in
    Southsea
    Blog Entries

Don't panic!

There is zero that is going to happen today, tomorrow or next week, do you seriously believe that if you did owe this, that they would have waited nearly four years to chase you for it? NO! If they could have done anything about this, then they would have done so in the first 12 months of you allegedly owing it, so chillax a little.

So, do you have knowledge of this debt?
    If so, what is the figure you remember owing, and when was the last time you ackn this?(Aug 2007?)

You could wait for their next missive to land on your doormat before starting the game of letter tennis, can you scan and post up the letter they sent, removing ALL, ID, bar codes, addresses, ref numbers, funny square boxes, just leave dates.

Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere!
    How to use Photobucket by Huggie41.
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Aug 2009

I wrote to Virgin in 2007 and asked them to write off the debt or delare me bancrupt, due to EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES... I was hospitalised for over a 6 month period & provided Virgin with medical reports that for 2 years I wouldn't be able to work.... I got NO REPLY.

I decided to get my credit file & see IF I owed Vigin anything... would have been around £3000... But they where not on there, so I presumed that they had 'written it off'.

Then I get this letter after nearly two years of sending back, ''we are trying to locate my name'' letters from SQN, who I now know are owned by EquiDebt.

xXx

Cagger since
    Aug 2009

P.S I will try scanning this evening.

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2008
    I am in
    Southsea
    Blog Entries

When you scan & post it up PLEASE remember to remove anything that will ID you, bar codes, ref numbers, your name! But I feel this will be simple to deal with, so don't worry, and you DO NOT surprise me that you have been ignored, VM are exceptionally good at this, in fact they have a training manual on how to ignore it's customers (allegedly)
    I have been with them for a few years now, NOT because I want to, but because I have to and they are cheap, which is indicative when you ring India!!!

Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere!

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Aug 2009

... Well, Can't scan, as scanner has decided to play up... Typical.

They have sent one EquiDebt, 'Written as they have contacted me before'... Basically, you owe this amount - please contact us to set up an arrangement.

I returned to sender, as I have done with the letters from SQN, ''looking for this person on urgent matter''.

Now they have sent another SQN, saying... Our correspondence recently sent to the above address has been returned to us marked as GONE AWAY.

Then in HUGH LETTERS, it says:

''OUR INVESTIGATIONS INDICATE THAT YOU ARE STILL A RESIDENT AT THE ADDRESS. YOU HAVE TO CONTACT US TO SETTLE THE ABOVE OUTSTANDING BALANCE.''

It continues... ''This is a REGISTERED DEBT and you HAVE to contact us to SETTLE THIS BALANCE. If you contact us now we can advise you of the discounts you are entitled to. Contacting us now will prevent further action''

Do you think I could try a return to sender again?

Cagger since
    Aug 2009

Have these bottom feeders basically brought a debt?

Do you reckon I could hold them off for 2 yrs, lol... Try and go for the 6 yrsicon!!

... Also explains why Equidebt searched my file numerous times in a 3 month period.

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative

Cagger since
    Jun 2006

OK so the first thing to do is send them a prove it letter, simply stating that you are you at that address and that you owe x amount proves zilch, send it second class and wait for their reply

PS what/who is SQN?

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly
    ---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative PGH7447 Authoritative

Cagger since
    Jun 2006

Also I note you say they would offer discounts, then obviously something is amiss with the info they have, so that is good news

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly
    ---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Aug 2009

... SQN are the donkeys for EquiDebt, after a bit of light googling... EquiDebt are the 'Big Guns'.

I'm inclined to return to sender, as if I admit I am me.... It will start a long line of letter tennis... Prob resulting in me being broke, again.

AND as for the discounts, they sent a letter last year offering it as less than half price!!

Just none of the letters have been as 'scary looking' as these two... if that makes sense.

xXx

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Feb 2008
    I am in
    Southsea
    Blog Entries

Do what they do, IGNORE, as you rightly say, what is the point in getting into a new game of letter tennis? Unless you want to bait the deluded uneducated fools, why bother?
    "RTS Not known at this addres".

Ignore them, they are deluded bullies who like nothing more than to go home at night and tell their Mummies 'today I made this woman cry and got her to pay me her food shopping money, I earned 40 pounds in commission because of her'

Stuff em, if you know you owe someone money then pay THEM direct, ignore these imbeciles..

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Aug 2009

Thanks everyoneÖ I think I just panicked because I have never got 2 so close together.

And the fact they are not even showing as an outstanding debt on my credit file, worried me (MBNAicon arenít even on there).

I will keep ignoringÖ For as long as humanly possibleÖ Then HOPEFULLY by the time letter Tennis starts, it will take me into the 6yr holy gate.

I will keep you updated should the Ďbottom feedersí contact me again.

xXx

Basic Account Holder wcr? Novitiate

Cagger since
    Feb 2011

hi helen,

you mentioned that your debts were not showing on your credit report. have you thought about ordering your equifax and callcredit reports. they sometimes show different information to experian.

you can order them both free online.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE