council tax attachment of earnings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all could anyone help , i had 3 council tax liability orders running at once , the council set up an attachment for 1 of them , the bailiffs set up an attachment for another , and i had a payment plan with the council for the third. I completed the one on the payment plan , leaving me with 2 attachments , the amount owing on these has reduced from about £3000 to around £600 over the past few years at a rate of £25 per month split between them. The problem i have now is that i am changing employment and would prefer my new employer not to have to deal with this , is there anyway i can ask the council to accept a payment for the £25 a month on the payment plan instead of via an attachment , thus saving myself the embarresment with my new employer , many thanks

You can try but I doubt it. AoE is one of those things towards a last ditch attempt to get you to pay before Commital, is there any way you can afford to up these payments voluntarily and so pay it off. In particular if you have one running with the Bailiff do you know how much they have charged you? You should send off for a breakdown of the charges as you may find they have overcharged or applied unlawful fees, in which case you will be due a refund which may pay the other one off!

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

as i recall they only ever visited once so there was one charge ,the aoe were actually on my request at the time it was the best thing for us and the council instructed the bailiff to proceed , ill get on to them and ask them how to proceeed , just dont want a visit again thanks for the reply