Energy Assistance Package - Query over meterage for Gas Installation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been pursuing an application for the Energy Assistance package to get a new heating system installed in my flat. I have been advised that Gas is thier prefetred option and the most economical to run however they will only install it if there is a gas feed within 23 meters of your property. A survey revelaed that I am 71 meters, so therefore do not qualify for gas installation.

However my neighbor who lives on the opposite side of our buidling can access a gas supply and will be receiving gas.

All other properties in our connecting blocks of flats can access a gas supply apart from me and the three people below me. Surely this is some form of discrimination and I should be able to challenge the meterage. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem or can offer advice?

I have a 2 year old son and as a single working mum I am trying to find the most economical way of heating my property whcih is currently costing me £95 a month in electricity to run 2 storage heaters!

Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks in advance