Lost everything in a house fire please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I used to live in a housing assosiation house,untill just before christmas when the old back boiler gave up working yet again and they couldnt send anyone out till jan 7th. the young lad came and filled my tank then took the pump off in the airing cupboard. flooding mynew living room floor through the ceiling.he replaced the antique original pump with a new one and left few hours later no heating so left house,returned on monday to meeting housing officer who reported the faulty heating as i told him the wire was lose and there was water dripping off the bottom of the pump and it had tripped electric fusebox again, following day they sent the best plumber they had apparently, mainly to check the system needed replacing like i have told them all for years. he called back to office confirmed it needed replacing as radiators were leaking and it wasnt cost efficient to fix, he asked did i want him to try and get it on so i agreed he trip the electric once more but then said it was sorted and left, telling me to stick to the it wasnt working cos i would be waiting even longer for a new system to be put in, I decided to lock up the house leave the heating on over night to defost the block of ice i was to call my home. I thank god i did cos when i returned the next evening with my son my house had burnt out..i am homeless and no one is helping me, i have nothing no insurance and a very ill disabled child, who they want me to stay in a b&b at a pub in a ruff part of town in a cold room ...... my housing assosiation wont even call me or help me to find housing ...

Hello and welcome to CAG. What a terrible experience. I hope Shelter are able to help you. If not, please come back to us.

For later on, if you need things to furnish and equip where you live, freecycle is very good. Look for your local group and sign up [free] if you haven't already.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 5 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.