Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder lisadavis Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jan 2011

Default Lost everything in a house fire please help!

I used to live in a housing assosiation house,untill just before christmas when the old back boiler gave up working yet again and they couldnt send anyone out till jan 7th. the young lad came and filled my tank then took the pump off in the airing cupboard. flooding mynew living room floor through the ceiling.he replaced the antique original pump with a new one and left few hours later no heating so left house,returned on monday to meeting housing officer who reported the faulty heating as i told him the wire was lose and there was water dripping off the bottom of the pump and it had tripped electric fusebox again, following day they sent the best plumber they had apparently, mainly to check the system needed replacing like i have told them all for years. he called back to office confirmed it needed replacing as radiators were leaking and it wasnt cost efficient to fix, he asked did i want him to try and get it on so i agreed he trip the electric once more but then said it was sorted and left, telling me to stick to the it wasnt working cos i would be waiting even longer for a new system to be put in, I decided to lock up the house leave the heating on over night to defost the block of ice i was to call my home. I thank god i did cos when i returned the next evening with my son my house had burnt out..i am homeless and no one is helping me, i have nothing no insurance and a very ill disabled child, who they want me to stay in a b&b at a pub in a ruff part of town in a cold room ...... my housing assosiation wont even call me or help me to find housing ...

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    callumsgran Highly informative callumsgran Highly informative callumsgran Highly informative callumsgran Highly informative callumsgran Highly informative callumsgran Highly informative callumsgran Highly informative callumsgran Highly informative callumsgran's Avatar

Cagger since
    Apr 2006
    I am in
    charge

Default Re: Lost everything in a house fire please help!

Have you been to Shelter? I would've thought the council and/or the housing association were under an obligation to re-home you?

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!!

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you!

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs
    Follows
    Following

Site Team rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative rebel11 Authoritative

Cagger since
    Oct 2009
    Blog Entries

Hi lisa

Welcome to CAGicon

I think you should contact Shelter as a matter of urgency:- http://england.shelter.org.uk/

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...uncil_can_help

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'
    Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE
    2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE
    3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE
    4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE
    5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE
    6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE
    7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE
    8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE
    9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE
    10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE
    11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILER
    CLICK HERE
    12)
    SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE
    13) WHICH? TEMPLATES CLICK HERE
    14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE
    15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE
    16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE
    17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE
    18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

Follows
    Following

Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2009
    I am in
    Pixie land.

Hello and welcome to CAGicon. What a terrible experience. I hope Shelter are able to help you. If not, please come back to us.

For later on, if you need things to furnish and equip where you live, freecycle is very good. Look for your local group and sign up [free] if you haven't already.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

IB/ESA Tribunal template successes [that I know about]:
    honeybee13 April 2008; brighton gal January 2010 ; cbbc May 2010 lee100 September 2010 HadEnough October 2010 nitelite February 2011 Pritti March 2011
    Nottingham1989 [with leemack] June 2011
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder sir_gilmour Authoritative sir_gilmour Authoritative sir_gilmour Authoritative sir_gilmour Authoritative sir_gilmour Authoritative sir_gilmour Authoritative sir_gilmour Authoritative sir_gilmour Authoritative sir_gilmour Authoritative sir_gilmour's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jul 2006
    I am in
    Poole

Hi
    Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE