Council tax summons even though i've been paying

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a summons through the letterbox this morning, to say i was surprised would be an understatement.

I have been summoned to appear before the magistrates court at the end of the month for non-payment of council tax,

Since my husband returned to work in May last year, I have paid my instalments every month when i pay the rent. (on payday)

I have received no late payment reminders on this account, and would like some advice on how to get the court costs removed as I will be disputing those on account that the payment schedule has been kept, therefore it should have never even come to this point.

Jumped in a bit quick. (enter red faced blushing smily here )

Been on the phone to council, who apologised that a summons had been sent instead of a reminder.

Apparantly the date i've been paying was 10 days later than they expected it. (nice of them to tell me earlier)

So they've changed the date when they expect payment to later in the month and removed my court costs.

I've logged/recorded the call and requested conformation of the court cost removal. so all in all, happy days. :)

I will be back though if they decide to go back on what they've agreed and try to continue to charge me the court costs.