Parking Charge Notice - G24 Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Although I am completely new to this site I would like to extend 'Seasons greetings to all users'.

I have received a PCN from a company called G24 Ltd. I mistakenly ovestayed my welcome whilst visiting / shopping for DIY goods at Wickes superstore in Maidstone.

I have take the opportunity to read many posts dating back years and the consensus of opinion seems to be not to respond / even acknowledge receipt of said notice. My question to the forum is, is this still the same stance to take?

Thank you in anticipation

• 2 weeks later...

Keroan, I am in exactly the same situation G24, Wickes (Hereford). Perhaps we can team up and share experiences?

So far I have read much that says do not reply but I am slightly concerned that if it does go to court that this might not go in my favour. I am considering a short response that as keeper of the vehicle refutes their 'invoice' and asks them to take it up with the 'driver' on that day. I may also include a sentence that informs them that future correspondence will be chargeable on a per letter basis (30 mins at my hourly rate).

Overall though I am looking for a way to end this quickly as I do not want to be receiving threatening letters for months to come.

3I£mental. Continue to ignore until to get actual court papaers which is highly unlikely. If you do, there is plenty advice on how to defend and win. After all ther ae no statures for parking incorrectly on private land. The most they can do you for is trespass and then they have to prove the damage the LL suffered. this will mean that someone has to represent Wickes in court. Somehow I doubt it.

I am going to go with the advice on this forum, which is after all why we are here, the members on here who have been there and 'got the T shirt' to coin a phrase.

1. Ignore

2. Ignore

3. Then revert to note 1.

If I write to anyone it will be Wickes Store Manager, to question why he thinks they should put a time limit on their customers shopping habits. I am a regular user of Wickes and was totally oblivious to this parking [problem]. On inspection these signs are 8 feet off the ground and barely visible.

• 2 weeks later...
Keroan, I am in exactly the same situation G24, Wickes (Hereford). Perhaps we can team up and share experiences?

So far I have read much that says do not reply but I am slightly concerned that if it does go to court that this might not go in my favour. I am considering a short response that as keeper of the vehicle refutes their 'invoice' and asks them to take it up with the 'driver' on that day. I may also include a sentence that informs them that future correspondence will be chargeable on a per letter basis (30 mins at my hourly rate).

Overall though I am looking for a way to end this quickly as I do not want to be receiving threatening letters for months to come.

I too have received a "parking fine" from Wickes (Hereford). However the pictures show the supposed time of entry but cannot see registration as dark exit picture is clearer and can see registration. Do I respond and ask for another picture or ignore ?

I am placing my trust in the advice on this page and ignoring G24 until such time as they issue court proceedings. I think that the fact that this is a free carpark is very much in our favour as they can only pursue this on the basis of loss incurred by Wickes. I am hoping this makes going to court highly unlikely.

I suggest we post details of any further communications from G24 here?

I have now received a second letter from G24. It stated that as I had not responded within the 14 day time limit I no longer qualified for the saving of £20 they had generously extended to me and the full amount of £95 was now due.

I have now received a second letter from G24. It stated that as I had not responded within the 14 day time limit I no longer qualified for the saving of £20 they had generously extended to me and the full amount of £95 was now due.

Ah shame. Do they really think you are going to pay these swindlers? Continue to use their toilet paper to light the fire at home.

Tks for the update Keroan, I assume you will ignore this one too? You seem to be a week or so ahead of the 3 of us with G24 letters in this thread so please continue to keep us advised of developments (as I will). Tks to Surfer01 for your comments too!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi GENTS,

Here is a further update to my G24 expereience.

Have now received a letter entitled FINAL NOTICE.

The first paragraph has a mistake by stating " On the 15 Dec 2010 you were the driver of the vehicle registration .................etc. :???:

How do they know if yours truly was the driver? :???:

It goes on to say "This Final Notice was sent, as driver of the vehicle as full payment has not beeen received.

A reduced amount was offered for payment within 14 days.

It is now too late to pay the reduced amount.

THE OUTSTANDING AMOUNT IS NOW £95.00

Failure to pay the outstanding amount will result in G24 Ltd forwarding the outstanding charge to a Debt Recovery Agency.:lol:

There's the update, just got to wait for the next threat letter now

Keroan8-)

Hello,

I got one of these tickets last May whilst driving my daughters car. She recieved a letter in the post and i was about to write a cheque then 'googled G24'. Swiftly ripped up the cheque and never paid. They wrote about 5 or 6 and then i wrote to them pretending to be my daughter and said i was not paying and that i was not driving the car. Not heard anything since August last year.

G24 can go whistle.

I got one yesterday, having spent 2 hours 15 minutes researching bathrooms a couple of weeks ago. I think they can take a run.

next time i go to Wickes though, I will stop the car and stick 2 fingers up to the camera. Can I suggest everyone does the same? it probably won't achieve anything, but will make me smile when I think that the bloke who has to look at the pictures is being abused by us all.

I got one yesterday, having spent 2 hours 15 minutes researching bathrooms a couple of weeks ago. I think they can take a run.

next time i go to Wickes though, I will stop the car and stick 2 fingers up to the camera. Can I suggest everyone does the same? it probably won't achieve anything, but will make me smile when I think that the bloke who has to look at the pictures is being abused by us all.

Don't forget that they will have your registration number and a rude gestrue could be interpreted many ways. Would love to do it but don't want further hassles.

I too have received a "parking fine" from Wickes (Hereford). However the pictures show the supposed time of entry but cannot see registration as dark exit picture is clearer and can see registration. Do I respond and ask for another picture or ignore ?

I decided to go against advice and sent the following letter

I am writing with regard to the above PCN which you recently issued to my address. I am contesting this initially on two grounds.

Firstly on the photograph allegedly showing my car entering the car park the registration cannot be seen although somehow you have managed to reproduce a number plate below it.

Secondly you state the parking terms and conditions are clearly displayed – this is not true. At the time of night the car was parked the car park is in complete darkness and the signs cannot be seen. We have photographic evidence to support this.

I await your response and should I not receive one within 14 days of the date of this letter I will assume the matter is closed.

Received a reply within 5 days stating the matter was now closed. Hope you all luck in your dealings with this company.