Council tax Liability Order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4826 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, its 2.20ish am 24 Dec 2010. Im up stressing about the Liability Order sent to me by Barnet Council saying I owe £1,421.63 worth of council tax dating from 2006 to 2008. I sit here 1 day before xmas @ stupid o'clock contemplating how comes Barnet council or any other council can do this to people especially me & especially when the property in question was owned by my sister, & not even me. If I am (NOT) the owner/landlord of this property how on earth can they send me the bill? All I can think of is when I had to pay for her to get out of jail once because she hadn't paid her council tax before & I felt the responsibility to get my sis out of a jam(I mean how dare someone put my own sister in a jail?) huh... wish I hadn't bothered now coz she just got married in Nigeria and has been there for the last 3 odd years, both her mobiles are off, and now i'm the one they are out to get to pay the council tax on HER old property she no longer owns!!!!! 1 day before xmas, my girlfriends distraught and i'm slowly starting to fume.. Believe u me i have a horrible temper, as anyone who has received one of these Liability orders knows what the bold black&white print promises to happen if you DON'T PAY-UP within 14 days, which I have not the slightest urge to comply with what-so-ever! Can they do that?? Make me pay for a property I never even owned, I don't even own property now I rent and pay tax to Bromley council,my car can be easily clamped or towed away, they may come to my home to take my t.v etc etc etc, I could go to jail for assaulting a bailiff etc etc etc, can anyone out there explain to me how this could be happening 1 day before xmas? Surely something isn't right here?!? It's now 2.43 a.m xmas eve , merry xmas and a happy new year, luv ya sis. !:mad2:

• 2 weeks later...

Get down to the CAB, pronto. Are you listed as resident in the property? If not ?????, is the property somehow in your name? CAB PDQ seems best option, BTW councils are usually in hibernation until jan 4th,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!