style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After receiving summons for non paid council tax and subsequent bailliffs visits (payment plan arranged)

I have today received a summons for £318.29 plus £60 charges.

This is for years 01 apr 2004 thru to 31 mar 2007!!

Surely this would have been amalgamated in the previous most up to date summons??

Tried calling council but have had to leave my details for someone to call me back/ignore me completely in the next 24 hrs!!

Why haven't they given me any other notifications - just gone to court? Is this right? legal? :-x

Is this debt for the same account as the one you previously received a summons for? Because it if isn't then no, it wouldn't have been included.

If it's for a different address then it could be that they didn't have a correct forwarding address when you left there and have only just managed to find you, which would also be why you'd not heard anything from them. They are required to notify you of arrears but if they didn't have the right address then there's no way they could notify you, and so the account would progress through the recovery stages regardless.

As far as understand it, each council tax year would have to have its own liability order.

Thats my understanding also which makes me wonder why they are saying its payments outstanding for more than 1 years council tax but there is only 1 charge

have you asked the council to provide proof of amount due

Received today

Thats my understanding also which makes me wonder why they are saying its payments outstanding for more than 1 years council tax but there is only 1 charge

They have listed the 3 years with a total of £318.29 + £60 charges

Surely they would have brought these to light before the later summons??

have the council provided the dates of any missed payments so that you can check your own payment records if not ask

I am waiting for a call back - waited 25mins on tel line to no avail

As far as understand it, each council tax year would have to have its own liability order.

A Liability Order can cover more than 1 yrs charge.

Different years of accounts can be at different stages of action and this can change as a persons various circumstances change. Without knowing what has happened with each year you can know why there is more than 1 summons.