Vasu v Royal Bank of Scotland

T Vasu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i am not quite sure what you mean. Have you sent them a letter requesting your statements? If so you need to give the dates you want the statements from and to. these links will help

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-data-protection-act-subject.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faq.php

if the info has helped please click my scales in the top right hand corner.

• Confused 1

Sorry if I did not make it clear to you. I was advised to send a Data Protection letter with £10 to RBS but RBof Scotland has not responded to this request. But instead of dealing with my request they are asking me to send them my bank statements which they sholud have anyway. Is this their delaying tactics I am not sure.

Should I ask them to deal with my request or is there anything else I should do.

T Vasu

hi they are just stalling you all you have to do is send the DPA request to them with payment and your account details. they have to provide you with the details you asked for.

DPA letter template

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-data-protection-act-subject.html

non compliance to DPA

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

non compliance letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

you could always go into your branch and hand them a copy of the DPA along with payment if they havent already cashed the cheque, but inform them that the 40 days started from your first correspondance. This will spped them up.

any probs PM me.

if the information helped please click my scales in the top right hand corner.

Guys

Thanks to all of you for your input. It is great to know that so many of you are fighting these greedy buggers. No amount is small so fight on.

Remember Paul Mccartney sent a solicitors letter to his ex for 3 bottles of washing up liquid. I bet the letter cost more. Good luck to all my friends out there.

Vasu

Hi

Can anyone please advise. I sent a DPL letter with £10 to RBS. Instead of replying my letter they have sent me copies of bank statements which I already have. What should I do now.

Thanks

Vasu

Hi

Can anyone please advise. I sent a DPL letter with £10 to RBS. Instead of replying my letter they have sent me copies of bank statements which I already have. What should I do now.

Thanks

Vasu

Is that not what you asked for? Check the wording of your DPL(?) letter. If that's what you asked for (copies of statements or list of charges?). that's what you got!!

Now you get the highlighter out over this weekend and highlight any unlawful charges (unpaid DD/Cheques, card misuse, referral, unathorised OD etc), the only thing you can't claim for is a charge for a service (ie Royalties etc). Then type the details, as they are written, into one of the spreadsheets in the templates library and move on to stage 2!!

Good Luck

BC:p

• Confused 1

Big Col:p

RBS LBA 20/06/06. WON - 21/10/06

MBNA(1)-Start-20/06/06, Claim-£250, 15/8 - Winner!!

MBNA Virgin(2)-Start-20/06/06, Claim £100, 15/8 - Winner!!

BoS MCard Data Protection Act Sent 20/06/06 - WON 16/10/06

Green On!

If the post/advice helps, pse click on the scales!! :cool:

Go back to them and ask them if they understood your letter ~ if not to pass your letter on to the Data Protection Manager ~ and remind them they have a maximum of 40 days from receipt of your letter to oblige ~ failing which you will report them to the IOC commissioner ~ make sure that your letter conatined your account number - sort Code and address of your local branch.

• 3 weeks later...
Is that not what you asked for? Check the wording of your DPL(?) letter. If that's what you asked for (copies of statements or list of charges?). that's what you got!!

Now you get the highlighter out over this weekend and highlight any unlawful charges (unpaid DD/Cheques, card misuse, referral, unathorised OD etc), the only thing you can't claim for is a charge for a service (ie Royalties etc). Then type the details, as they are written, into one of the spreadsheets in the templates library and move on to stage 2!!

Good Luck

BC:p

Hi

BigCol

Thank you very much. Actually I sent one of the standard DPA letter found in the Consumer Action Group liabrary.The letter states that RBS give me info about evidence of any manual intervention in my banking business.

Two days ago I received a formcalled Access Request Application Form.

Should I fill this form or as you have suggested send details of charges and ask them to refund. Bigcol I am eagerly waitng for a refund so that I can contribute

some funds to Consumer Actio Group.

By the way I am going to master some of this webside material and start helping other unfortunate guys. Thanks to you:)

Vasu

Go back to them and ask them if they understood your letter ~ if not to pass your letter on to the Data Protection Manager ~ and remind them they have a maximum of 40 days from receipt of your letter to oblige ~ failing which you will report them to the IOC commissioner ~ make sure that your letter conatined your account number - sort Code and address of your local branch.

Hi Kidson

Thanks for your help. Maybe I amy have to remind them of the forty days rule.

Thank

Vasu:)