• Tweets

• I see the poops are still trying to deflect from their own criminality and and abuses by whinging on about raynors buying her council house - now about election registration - anyone who owns a flat or house understands that you dont give up your and your childrens home just because of a new relationship and while we are on about that ..   lets start with When is jenrick being revisited for both lockdown abuses and self admitted (claims estate is his main home - not the property in his electorate or his london property) 'possible (lol) electoral registration abuses as he claimed he was at his estate 'main home' away from both London and his electoral 'home'  - much of which paid for by the taxpayer     Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick 'breaks lockdown rules twice' by going to 'second home' - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK Key Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick drove 150 miles to his 'second home' after urging the nation to remain in their homes in a bid to...   ... perhaps follow with more self admitted lobbying while in a potion where they shouldn't “A few of us in parliament have lobbied the government – and with the help of the Treasury select committee, the chancellor has listened,” John Baron wrote.   Tory MP faces lobbying questions over Treasury committee role | Investing | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Co-owner of investment management firm called for ‘urgent’ post-Brexit changes to City rules at committee meetings     About time labour got in the game and started pressing for these self admitted/bragged Tory abuses were properly investigates.
    • No I didn't I got the dates mixed up.   
    • Sorry about that, TJ. The person who posted it specifically said it was free access. Here's another version of the FT article. https://archive.is/KYrPa
    • Isnt there some indication in there of at least intent to inform arbuthnot? IF he wasn't then it would seem to be Vennells decision to keep him 'uninformed .. Although seems to me if arbuthnot was unaware - he was either incompetent or should have very detailed records of denials. Seems vennells is constantly at the core of all the lying about all these issues though.
    • Paywalled/subscribe HB I'm unaware of the details on this HB but why is it a potential taxpayer burden? Hasn't a judge already ruled port has rights of access - so shouldn't costs be on the private company (South Tees Development Corporation) trying to change established access?     LIVE: High Court updates as CEO gives evidence in access rights row between STDC and PD Ports - Teesside Live WWW.GAZETTELIVE.CO.UK The face-off between the Teesport operator and Mayor Ben Houchen's South Tees Development Corporation continues in the High Court  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

welcome finance issues - now MKDP

Angel104
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Due to him losing his job

my husband is 2 months behind with the payments for the car to welcome finance.

First they bombard us with phone calls-and are still doing so despite us sending 2 letters telling them not to phone.

The today a girl from welcome phoned and said unless the payment was made immediately

then they will come and get the car and if necessary get the police involved.

Can they take the car without a court order?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much of the HP loan has been paid off?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well as you have paid more than a third they would need a court order to take the car if it is an HP agreement.

This is what is known as a return order.

There would need to be a court hearing though (usually at your local court).

If you can pay back the debt in reasonable instalments,

the court may let you keep your goods.

Do you have a copy of the agreement?

You need to check whether it is an HP agreement or a Conditional Sale agreement.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The relevant statute is Section 90 of The Consumer Credit Acto 1974, which you can quote if they do try to bring police with them to recover the car:

90.—(1) At any time when—

(a) the debtor is in breach of a regulated hire-purchase or a regulated conditional

sale agreement relating to goods, and

(b) the debtor has paid to the creditor one-third or more of the total price of the

goods, and

© the property in the goods remains in the creditor,

the creditor is not entitled to recover possession of the goods from the debtor except

on an order of the court.

That's if its an HP agreement pinky. Sometimes they are a Conditional Sale agreement, which is completely different. It's impossible to give the appropriate advice until we know which type of agreement it is.

Sorry pinky I deleted my post as I hadn't finished typing it when my computer throwed a wobbly.

As I stated if it's a conditional sale agreement they may repossess,

usually the technicalities of the law are not something they are overly bothered about

and in this area the police unfortunately just are not aware of the legislation.

They would require a complying bill of sale in order to do this though

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/112358-bill-sales-repossession-goods.html

Yes - and I suppose if they turn up at your door, the police will just want to get it over and done with and turn to other things. Then it will be up to the couple to get it back through the courts. We all know the law sometimes is simply ignored and the finance companies get away with it.

Welcome are very vocal in their threats and love to call over and over again, visit and cause a huge pain in the neck, amongst other things.

Not to say it would happen now, but when hubby had his account active some time ago, they never got any further than vocal threats of further action.

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10

Yes. Report them to Trading Standards. You can find your local one in your yellow pages or just enter your postcode on their site here Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

We have paid welcome finance £2879 out of a £7000 loan.

We were paying £310 a month then we got into difficulties so

my husband signed a new agreement to reduce the payments.

He then lost his job and we have missed 2 payments.

This morning a man from welcome turned up and said they are taking the car Monday

I explained that we have paid 1/3 of the payments

he said that when my husband signed the new agreement it cancelled the old one so

therefore the £2879 that we payed on the old agreement does not count.

Is this right?

The "experts" on here can go into specifics with you about what u asked at the end etc...

But i felt the urge to reply & inform you that he has no more right to take your car than i do & will be simply be theft if he does.

Next time 1 of them calls, politely ask them to leave - if not, call ur local police and that should send them on their way.

You have the legal right to request that the company cease all contact with you & if they dont,

a complaint to trading standards and the OFT can be made against them.

If you and your husband are genuinley struggling then cease all payments to this company immediately.

Find out on here & elsewhere all ur legal rights regarding finance companies & DCA's - there's so much out there.

The company will no doubt start all sorts of "we're gonna do this/that & the other towards you"

& "commence legal action" etc...but thats all it is usually, a threat.:rolleyes:

If it ever got to court - you & your husband would just decide on an amount to repay that u can afford

with the court, which can legally even be £1 per month if necessary.

The finance company wont like that 1 bit...

.but tough on them, they'll have to either like it or lump it.

Then you & your husband will have the last laugh :)

Thank you

I really need someone to tell me if they right when they say

that the payments on the old agreement were cancelled out

when we signed a new agreement to reduce the payments.

Because what they are saying is that the money we have paid has been for nothing.

They still cannot take your car. If you have paid one-third of the credit of either a hire agreement or a continuous sale agreement, they cannot legally take it, no matter what they say. If they try to, call the police and tell them that under the terms of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, the action proposed by the finance company is illegal.

They will stop at nothing won't they?

Okay so they can't come and take the car, they would need a court order for that.

from my own experience dont let welcome get to you.

the reason you are getting this flack is its near the end of the month,

they are getting pressure for results due to targets

they may bully you but dont take it personel,

just use the law/statutes against them

mine has been a long battle, yours is just begining

just remember plenty of people on this forum have been in your shoes and have got over it with cag help

good luck and keep fighting

Excellent advice :)

It is possible to win against these people too Angel104, I sent them a S.A.R. - subject access request letter on behalf of hubby and as they couldn't provide all the paperwork, they wrote to him apologising and stating that they would no longer be pursuing payment on this account and consider it closed.

Be strong and don't let them get you down.