• Tweets

• Hi, I'd change justice centre to county court. I also wouldn't be including a telegraph article in the bundle. It doens't prove anything law and you don't have distribution rights on it. I also wouldn't personally break down the exhibits on the index page, normally people have a seperate page for this right before the exhibits. The main index page normally just says Exhibits to WX of [Your Name] or at least that's the format I use/see people here use, although really it makes minimal difference.   I also see that despite referencing several judgements you haven't included the EVRi one   paragraph 46 really needs to go imo it has nothing to do with anything. Your in court to apply the law to your case, not to tell the judge about a newspaper that means nothing to your claim.   I also see you've adopted the issues in dispute/not in dispute, which is also known as a scott schedule. if you are taking this approach, for things not in dispute I would say this needs to be things that are agreed between parties, not things like "There is no dispute that I am happy to supply all this evidence which is included in the court bundle." I would say that issues in dispute is to focus on the aspects of the claim that are in dispute, such as whether liability is limited by insurance or not, so I'd be changing that accordingly.   BF should be along shortly to advise on things.
    • J, I just numbered them like that; once the witness statement is made, I'll add it to the pages.   The court date has been set as 02 July 2024. Please find attached V6. I will send an unredacted to the email.  claim budle_V6.pdf
    • I'm afraid that I have tried downloading it three times and each time I am getting an error message. Would you mind scanning it again please and uploading it again. I understand that JK has managed to open it but others may not. Thanks
    • I can see that.   In this case, I'd email both that receipt and your tracking label to evri's small claims email and say that is the information you have.   They'll figure it out from there I'm sure
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Campbell and Kennedy - Sky installers in Glasgow

Unhappy in G12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As we live in a 3rd floor conversion, Sky wouldn't do the installation so we contacted Campbell and Kennedy. I thought Sky had messed us around but they're amateurs compared to this shower. We had an engineer come out to do a survey, he said it was a complicated job, partly because we wanted 3 boxes and partly because the building is listed and we can't cable down the front of the builing. Therefore the installation was going to cost £196. However, on the installlation date, the engineers arrived late afternoon and told our childminder (who we had waiting in for us as we both work) that they wouldn't start work as they would be there until 6.30pm. When we contacted C&K they said that the engineers had said the job wasn't possible - this after it was their engineer who'd surveyed the job in the first place. So after arguing with their customer services department, we got them to agree to do another survey. I took time off work, spoke to the survey guy personally, and he gave it the green light again and said he'd get them to call me back that day for an installation date. Two days later and three calls from us to them, we eventually find out that they re-priced the job and now wanted £380!! I couldn't get Den Cooke (customer service manager) to call me back and had to deal with some smug woman who drove my partner and I up the wall, we eventually have been promised a refund. We're still out a whole lot of time spent on the phone and taking time off and a delay in us getting TV of 3 weeks, thanks to this useless shower. Please don't have anything to do with them.

• 2 weeks later...

maybe get virgin instead? they shouldnt have agreed to install the satalitte on a listed building, you have to get consent through the council first. sound like total cowboys so thanks for the warning! good luck with getting your money back, remember CAB are there if you need help!!

• 3 months later...

Hi, I also booked my installation with the abovementioned company, they did install my dish and removed my aerial cable, then couldn't complete installation due to faulty equipment. That was 2 weeks ago, 3 cancelled visits later i STILL have no sky and courtesy of removing aerial cable, i have no tv services whatsoever. this company is a complete and utter joke and their customer services department is the worst i have ever dealt with, everyone i've spoken to has had the same response to every single question i've asked and no action taken to resolve issue satisfactorily. so far my installation has been hampered due to lack of staff in area, engineer crashing his van, engineer phoning in sick. waste of time and money.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Campbell and Kennedy - DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY !!

Was due to get Sky installed. C&K called to cancel at 10am on day of installation. I had taken the day off work, what a waste. No apology or reason was given by Adele, it was just a call to say they would not manage today and to rearrange a date. I said this was unacceptable and asked the reason... no boxes they said! Unbelievable and ridiculous as it sounds...that is what she said. I said I would have to call Sky first (to complain) and all she said was.... ok then...bye...and hung up!

I called and cancelled Sky.

Hopefully I'll get my money refunded without problem. And hopefully if more people complain to Sky about their bad experiences with this company, they will lose the Sky contract.

***TRY TO AVOID DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY***

no wonder - they seem to receive alot of complaints about independant installers and cannot do much about it for their subscribers

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I think you'll find the vast majority of complaints are the result of Sky's "approved" contractors such as the subject company as opposed to independents who tend to smaller in size and have their reputations to consider.

• 2 months later...

To say I hate this shower wouldn't even cover it.

They've made my life misery ever since I signed up with Sky which was only 3 months.

I'm actually not happy with Sky atall either because it feels like I've just been 'offloaded' to this mob and they want nothing to do with me.

The original install was a disaster because they cancelled on 3 occasions after saying they would be there

(and after myself and my partner had taken time off work) without even so much as an apology or even an excuse.

Their customer service far and exceeds the worst of any teams or staff I have ever come across.

Yet to find even one person who seems even the slightest bit helpful.

This has now rolled on to my most recent experience when, due to the high winds my sky box stopped working at the start of December.

Having phoned up Sky who said I was under warranty I then had to unfortunately contact Campbell & Kennedy

where I spoke to a woman who is one of the most obnoxious, rude and unhelpful people I have ever spoke to.

Continually cutting me off mid sentence by saying, "It's a £55 call out charge". Their customer service continues to leave me speechless.

Having gone back and forth with Sky, who have also been a complete disaster as no-one seems to know what the answer is,

they've now told me I have to pay £55 or else nothing can be done.

I told them I can't afford £55 with it being this time of the year and they said 'there's nothing they can do'.

I booked my Sky box through Sky.

I bought a Sky service to watch Sky Television and there's nothing they can do because ' a third party installed it'?

Actually makes my blood boil just thinking about it.

They also charged me for last month even though I received absolutely no service whatsoever.

I'm now in the position where I'm getting no Sky yet I'm still being charged and I can't cancel because after you're signed up for 30 days they have you hooked.

I know this originally turned out to be about Campbell & Kennedy but they're as bad as each other,

with sky's pass the buck antics.

It's actually unbelievable the fact they're trying to blame some else for this situation it really is.

KEEP AWAY FROM BOTH SKY & CAMPBELL & KENNEDY IF YOU VALUE YOUR SANITY

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

To be fair, every installer in Scotland is under severe pressure due to the recent weather.

Only so much damage can be put right in daylight hours.

I have even heard of price hiking going on among the less reputable members of the trade.

You never hear Sky mention the downside of Satellite TV in their adverts

• 1 month later...

SKY????????????

Heavens no!

I'm what is referred to as an independent. I owe no aligence to mr murdoch or his pet installer.

Sky, freesat, hotbird freeview is all the same to me, I'm even insured to climb ladders and work in the rain.

Why did they cancel your install?

• 2 weeks later...

I note some of the reviews and, as these do not contain all of the facts, I thought it would be prudent to post a review detailing the most common misconceptions and cause for anxiety for some customers. It is not my aim to start a debate but, moreover, provide a more balanced view of the points raised on this forum.

Firstly though we at Campbell & Kennedy work very hard to deliver the best service possible but, on occasion, things can, and do, go wrong. We wish that this were not the case but given that we complete nearly 18,000 installations each year we do accept that things will not run as smooth as we would wish 100% of the time. When things do go wrong we do everything reasonable to put things right. The team always empathise but, unfortunately, if the customer(s) in question don’t receive the feedback they want then, often, it’s a personal attack on the advisor/Manager dealing with the complaint. This, for me, is unacceptable and unjustified given the subject matter. There is always two sides to every story. Our advisors always endeavour give the correct advice and really should not be personally pilloried because the feedback given differs from that which was sought.

It is also important to note that Campbell & Kennedy are not Sky. We are an independent company, approved as an installation partner for Sky, we conclude the referral sale and we are paid a one off installation fee and initial commission for the service we provide. We do not charge monthly subscriptions. The customer remains a paying subscriber with Sky and pays their monthly subscriptions directly each month to them. We guarantee the quality and workmanship of the installation and undertake to resolve any warranty issues that may or may not arise during the warranty period. Our sole aim is to ensure we have a satisfied customer. It is important to us that customers who use our services for a Sky Installation have a great customer experience.

Customers, with the best will in the world, can get things wrong, as can we, however, we will always try to put things right within reason, even when it is the customer who has caused the issue, but always when we have caused the issue.

To help ensure we give a qualitative level of service and prompt response we enjoy 100% call recording, full (reportable) telephone technology and very demanding response service level targets.

In order to clarify our service obligations, I will give you an overview of the common misconceptions and the facts pertaining to each point. I hope you find this helpful and enlightening.

1. Non Standard Charges: We do go the extra mile in advising our customer of any potential extra charges that may apply. These range from an automated ‘closing statement’ played at the end of each confirmed booking, to an automated email sent upon confirmation through to a hard copy of this sent via Royal Mail. Our full terms and conditions are also available on our website.

2. Unable to give specific appointment times (3 hour window (ETA)): As with many companies, including sky, we work to an ‘estimated’ time of arrival system where, on the day of the agreed installation, you will receive a call from the engineer advising you of a 3 hour window of their ‘estimated’ time of arrival. This is always given in good faith and is subject to no unforeseen problems arising before attendance. If an AM or PM appointment was requested at the time of booking we will always endeavour to honour this but, as you can appreciate, we can never guarantee it. If the engineer is unable to attend, due to breakdown etc, we will let you know as soon as reasonably possible and re-arrange the visit. If an engineer does not attend as required and our customer service team is alerted to the fact then they will contact the engineer for an explanation and update. As you can appreciate the customer service team are office based and, because of this, are limited in what information they can provide as they need the feedback for the engineer(s) concerned before offering any solutions. All of our engineers carry mobile phones but may not be able to answer these immediately as they may be driving, on a roof, out of range etc.

3. Non Warranty Cover: Your 12 month warranty protects you against manufacturer defects only. Many other things can affect the functionality of your equipment that are not covered (such as high winds, accidental damage, power fluctuations serving the equipment, vandalism etc). Most equipment ‘defects’ will arise within the first 4 weeks of equipment use which is why we do not charge an automatic engineer call-out fee within this period (although call-out fees will apply if damage is clearly attributable to non-warranty covered faults (i.e. high winds)). Out with this period the likelihood is that the fault that has arisen will be due to a consequence of a change rather than a manufacturer defect. In most cases, your household insurance will provide cover for such events but, unfortunately, the 12 month warranty does not cover such events.

4. Communal System faults: These systems are owned by your factor, landlord or housing association and you need to contact them directly to notify faults with this equipment. They will have details of who they have contracted to provide maintenance support on their equipment. Unfortunately, we cannot take instruction from residents directly as call-out charges may apply.

5. Access to lofts etc: The responsibility for access to lofts, roofs etc lies with the customer. Our engineers will not know what is required to gain access, or have keys for such, therefore we must rely on our customers affording our engineers access.

6. Peak times: As you can appreciate not only does the demand for our services peak at certain points of the year (i.e. Xmas) the weather can also have an impact on our availability. In such times we do ask that this is taken into consideration when agreeing installation/call-out dates/times.

I truly hope the above helps balance the picture in some way. We do take customer service very seriously and, as we install to nearly 18,000 homes each year, on behalf of Sky and less than 2% of these generate any type of query or complaint. We do have a continuous improvement philosophy and, in this respect, always welcome feedback but, as you can understand, we can only give out guidance and advice as it pertains to C&K and the situation in hand. This is solely our opinion on the matter as it relates to C&K. We cannot discuss matters that may be raised as specific to Sky or any other third party. Such matters are dealt with directly by Sky or the relative third party(ies). Our aim is always to resolve issues within our control and within reason to leave a customer satisfied with their Sky installation and our customer service.

I do apologise for the length of this blog but I do hope that you will have found it a worthwhile read.

Kind regards,

Karen

Thanks for the post Karen I'm sure with that amount of installations there are bound to be some problems and unfortunately I'm experiencing one myself at the minute.

Basically my Sky box has stopped working, it is still under warranty so should be repaired or replaced without all the drama that I'm experiencing. I think it is unfair to force people to pay £55 up front for a repair to something still under warranty.

If the fault turns out to be something not covered by the warranty then a charge would be fair and I wouldn't have a problem with that.

I had made an arrangement for a service engineer to visit, taken a day off work, then when the engineer never turned up I was told I hadn't made the arrangement.

It was a bit like the Little Britain sketch "computer says no".

If your installations are so good and your satisfied customer level is so good then you should be in a position to rectify your own mistakes a bit better ie. if you fail to turn up to a visit you should offer to make an out of hours visit to save the customer from using another day of precious annual leave.

Another point (which might sound a bit cheeky) is that if your satisfaction rates are so high then why is that the 5-6 times I've called customer services it has taken about 10 minutes to get to speak to anyone. That point might sound like a cheeky remark but that is about 50 minutes to 1 hour of my life wasted by being on hold to your company.

Edited by citizenB
spacing for easier reading

Thank you for your post.

In respect of the charge we have found, from experience, that customers won't pay in the event of an fault arising that is not covered by warranty resulting in the expense of an engineer being despatched as cost to the company and utilising a slot that could have been allocated elsewhere. The 12 month warranty cover is restricted to manufacturer defects only and thes, in most cases, if they do arise at all, will occur within the first 4 weeks of use. Out with this period, from experience, faults arising are consequential from something happening elsewhere affecting the equipment. This is not covered within the manufacturer warranty unfortunately.

I am dissapointed to hear that the engineer did not turn up. If you can supply your full details to enquiry @ campbellkennedy. co.uk (remove spaces) I will ensure that this is investigated.

Apologies for the length of time it has taken to answer your calls but we have been swamped with calls and still playing catch up due to the recent storms which has been unprecedented and has left a legacy of damage which has taken longer than anticipated to catch up on.

I hope this helps and I look forward to receiving your email,

Kind regards,

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Karen

I had an engineer visit on Friday and he confirmed that the Sky box was indeed faulty. He didn't repair or even attempt to repair it. He didn't replace it. He did however tell me that someone will call within an hour to let me know what is happening regarding a replacement box. This is 5 days later and I haven't heard anything. My mother had to use a day of her annual leave for this.

I asked the engineer about my £50 payment which should be refunded and he relpied "I'm just an engineer".

I will leave this post as just these bare facts as I am so frustrated and angry be the events so far that I don't really want to start on a rant as I would be typing for ages.

I am hoping that things will be resolved very soon and will ssubmit a post on this forum with details.

I appreciate your post but I don't understand why you have not contacted CK direct (via our telephone number or email) so that matter can be investigated and a response sent. This post does not allow for my team to invesitgate as we don't have your name and post code (which i would never recommend posting). Can you please send these through in order that we can look into this further?

Karen.

Thanks for this. I can confirm receipt of the email.

We respond to emails within four working hours in 95% of cases. I note your forum post was only an hour or so after you had sent the email to ourselves. I would also note that one of our advisors called you yesterday and left a message. However, notwithstanding, we will contact you shortly to give you and update and make the neccessary new arrangements.

i would like to offer my apologies if our service has not met your expectations.

kind regards,

Karen

I have just received a phone call from your company to arrange another visit to my house to drop off the replacement Sky box.

Unfortunately I can't arrange for someone to be available for a full day during normal working hours.

This is partly due to the fact that I have taken 2 days annual leave for this already.

I tried to compromise by making an arrangement out with normal working hours but that would be impossible.

I was told that the timeframe is made up on the day and I would get a phone call at 10am with a 3 hour window.

I can't see why you can't make an arrangement for 1st thing in the morning or the engineer's last call at night.

I even offered to go to your office with the faulty box and exchange it for the replacement box but that is impossible as the warranty would be void if I transported it myself.

I find this a bit strange as I can go to an electrical goods store and buy things and even take them home myself.

It has been left up to me to arrange for someone to sit in all day in order to receive the replacement box

but I'm not sure how I can arrange this until my annual leave gets renewed in April.

I am beginning to think that your company is deliberately making this process as difficult and awkward as possible.

If I was to put a value on my days off relative to my earnings I could buy a brand new box for each day I've had to sit in for you.

Unfortunately, like many other companies, our system does not allow for set times.

We do try to accommodate requests but can never guarantee them and would not want to raise false expectations by making promises we cannot commit to.

I am somewhat dissappointed that you are continuing the dialogue via blog as we have responded to you (well within our response SLAs) to you direct

but that is, of course, your perogative.

I am unable to continue this thread as we have responded to you directly.

I am sure readers of this blog will agree that we have been very reasonable in our attempts to satisfy your querieis and continued blog updates help no-one.

Therefore, I shall, with respect, end my updates in respect of this.

Karen

With all due respect, this isn't a blog, it's a forum.

A blog is a kind of on-line diary,

a forum is a public discussion for anyone to join in.

And of course you are disapointed that I am posting accounts of your customer service on a public forum but I did state on a previous post that I would.

In all my previous posts, I have just described my experience of the customer service from C&K and apart form the last 2 sentences of my last post I have kept to the bare facts.

Airing my frustrations on a puplic forum is perhaps a little unfair but I really do think your company could be much much more reasonable

CKservices,

You were given a rep status to try and help our users and inevitably they will update their threads and their outcomes which we at CAG are glad they do.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 4 weeks later...

This thread was added to from the original post in 2010.

It can be difficult in managing several posters who join the thread with their own issues.

The best way to do this is to start your own thread in this forum.

Since there has been no recent updates to the more recent issues,this thrread is being closed.gman101,if you are in any position to update at a later date,please contact site team so that it can be included here.

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks