go locate fuel

alandted
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone else tried to buy heating oil through go locate fuel.co.uk please? I have paid for my fuel over three weeks ago, and as I ordered through the 'Economy' delivery option, I keep getting fobbed off unless I upgrade to Priorty delivery.

Their site advises that they delivery will be made within 14 working days. We are now at the end of day 16 and they have not offered me a delivery (unless I upgrade, funny how money talks!)

I have been offered a refund, but this will take 10 working days (even though it left my account the second I ordered it)

However, I now have no fuel left, so my 8 year old and I have no heating or hot water, and no money to buy more until I get the refund.

Any comments or feedback would be appreciated.......

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is anything like me when I ordered this is what you will experience. You hear nothing (and I paid a premium) you call them, you eventually get through. They say the supplier has let them down. They offer the same quantity but at a higher price (and not competitive) or for the same amount of money you have already paid less oil. I suggested they were in breach of contract, what happens between them and thier suppliers is for them to resolve. I needed oil so had to ask for a refund and ended up paying more elsewhere. That was nearly two weeks ago and still not received my refund.

The company from my experience xxxxxxxxxxx is extremly obstructive.

Edited by IdaInFife
removed comment

im having a nightmare with them too! i ordered the economy delivery on oct 22nd for delivery within 14 days, i contacted them on 16th nov as i still had no fuel (of course they had taken payment on the 22nd oct) i was fobbed off with supplier problems and they offered me next day delivery for an extra £25! i said no thank you! they then told me that my refund would take up to 10 working days! i contacted them earlier today (12 working days later) only to be told i was given the wrong information and as i paid by debit card it would take up to 30 days and i would have my money back by 16th dec! i dont know what to do next!

I paid £257.11 on 25 november and then they contacted me to say it wouldnt be delivered until the 16 dec unless i paid another £30 which i did, my oil was due yesterday but never arrived. so i am obviously never going to get the oil, tryed ringing but no one ever answers the phone, now i have no oil and no money to get any more. will try and get my bank to help me get money back. am looking forward to having no heating now or hot water. Its the wrong time of year to be ripped off!!!

My experience is as follows. Ordered in the morning and that evening got a quote from TOTAL Butler that was 10% less. Emailed Golocate that same evening to cancel my original order. Next morning got phonecall from a Golocate manager who said I had to pay 15% fee to cancel. To cut a long story short we settled on a 7.5% cancellation fee (albeit not sure if I should have had to pay anything since their website does not mention a cancellation fee).

I told the manager that their website was misleading because it says "Lowest prices guaranteed". He didn't think it said that and when he looked up for himself said something like "Ah but that isn't necessarily for ALL areas" or something like that!!!! Their guarantee of lowest price is a false claim so BUYER BEWARE.

I have now lodged a complaint/query with Consumer Direct and needless to say I will not be returning to Golocate.

If the manager's attitude had been a bit more helpful I might not have taken the step of posting this and writing to Consumer Direct!

Martin

Edited by martinlross

Yep, we have an issue too: £421.47 debited our a/c on 7 Oct with 14 day delivery promised. No delivery. Chased early Nov and eventually managed to speak to somebody who told us they'd be unable to deliver immediately and so we had no choice but to go to a different supplier. We were told to confirm cancellation by email to "Ben" (we were provided with email address), which we did on 12 Nov. Then got a phone call from somebody called "Jason" on 16 Nov who claimed the company had not received our email and asked us to confirm cancellation by email again! Asked him to email us as just out of an appoint with doc and unable to take down his contact details. Needless to say, no email received or any further communication. Contacted them through their website again last week to complain. Still no contact or refund so we're now going to go to Small Claims Court. Will never deal with this company again!!!

Just had the same issue - running lowish on oil in Novmber, placed an order with golocate who gave us an estimated delivery a couple of weeks away and took the money. Got a call shortly afterwards saying that it's cold and there's a run on oil and in short they demanded £170 to deliver before Christmas. We've used a different supplier and cancelled our order with golocate (which order they are at pains to make clear in their terms is not accepted until they confirm it is, which they haven't done). Golocate are claiming 15% fee for cancellation. We have pointed out that orders per their own terms can be amended anytime before confirmation, and have amended our order to nothing. We shall wait and see what response we get.

Mmmmm looks like there are MANY of us having the same problem. I ordered in Oct, have still not had a delivery, but have been called today to say it is arriving on Friday. I wont hold my breath as I have been chasing this for WEEKS!! We have no hot water, no heating and no money to purchase any more. I think these people are DISGUSTING human beings. How can they sleep at night??? Do they not have children??

I suggest you do the same as I have done which is report them to your banks fraud dpt. They are reimbursing me the full amount within 3 days and taking over this issue for me. They have asked me to get together info as possible and luckily I have an email from BEN who states when the oil should have been delivered. I also sent a very long angry email to them yesterday and was asked by the bank to ensure I got a read receipt which I have, of course I had no reply from Ben. I have also printed off all these comments from people in the same position for more back up for the bank. I would suggest you all do the same. The bank have been absolutely fantastic so far.

Email Liz at golocate. co. uk she seems the only one with any form of conscience and is only the admin girl! To be honest I dont think she knows how bad the situation with that company is and what is actually going on.

IF WE ALL GO AFTER THEM THEY WILL BE CAUGHT OUT AND HOPEFULLY CLOSED DOWN AND SUED FOR ALL THE DISTRESS THEY HAVE PUT US ALL THROUGH SO PLS TAKE THE TIME AND TAKE ACTION

It seems Go locate fuel is a edited company.

We placed an order for heating oil late October, (express delivery) and have had nothing but edit ache from these breeds. We were fobbed off with all the lines everyone else seems to have been fed and it became increasingly difficult to speak to anyone from the company. The best way to speak to someone was to place a fake request for a quote using their online call back system,(N.B the higher the quote the quicker the call-back) then someone with the customer care skills and brains of a coiled edit would phone you back. Spoke to a few people, all as thick as each other - (here's one guy's email if anyone wants to get in touch for a chat: ben(at)golocatefuel(dot)co(dot)uk apparently he "opens up shop" in the mornings all by himself...but has no ability to sort out any query.. strange for a company that deals with 1000's of customers a day?!)

Unnecessary personal insult edited

It's now December, we haven't received oil, we haven't got a refund, we are experiencing -15 degrees every night (we're in the Scottish borders) with no money to purchase oil elsewhere and I am !!!!ing raging at these bunch of edits with their continual stream of edits and absolutely no regard for their customers. We have the fraud team at our bank currently buzzing away just now so hopefully we'll get our money back soon (it's been over 30days since we asked for the refund!)

I should also point out that the card that we used to pay for the fuel, has recently had to be cancelled as some overseas purchases were being made on it without our knowledge.Edited It might be a wise move to check over your statements, just in case.

I'm genuinely shocked at how appalling this company is, (if indeed it is a real company) and with absolutely no evidence of anyone ever receiving their orders - I'm led to believe that go locate fuel is a [problem].

I just hope everyone manages to get their money back! Or even some god damn fuel!!

Edited by slick132
Insulting or defamatory remarks edited. Please read Site Rules

Since posting a message on 5 december we've now received an email from ben saying that he "couldn't find us on his system" ... Hah! He has agreed to refund our money and we've said that if it's not in our a/c by 13 december (30 days after we confirmed cancellation by email to ben in the first place) we will go to the fraud dept of our bank. We've also written to the bbc watchdog tv programme complaining about go locate.

Edited by slick132
Amzeeks quoted post from above - removed

I have EXACTLY the same problem. Order placed, order not delivered, price increased, no reply to phone or email and nearly a month later I will be cancelling visa payment. Should we pay them a visit, all of us at the same time to get a refund ??

We have no oil and had to buy lots of electric fires.. Can the web site be closed down ?

Has anyone else tried to buy heating oil through go locate fuel.co.uk please? I have paid for my fuel over three weeks ago, and as I ordered through the 'Economy' delivery option, I keep getting fobbed off unless I upgrade to Priorty delivery.

Their site advises that they delivery will be made within 14 working days. We are now at the end of day 16 and they have not offered me a delivery (unless I upgrade, funny how money talks!)

I have been offered a refund, but this will take 10 working days (even though it left my account the second I ordered it)

However, I now have no fuel left, so my 8 year old and I have no heating or hot water, and no money to buy more until I get the refund.

Any comments or feedback would be appreciated.......

We should all write to BBC watchdog & trading standards etc to inform them of this... the more people do it, the better chance we have of action being taken against them.

bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

tradingstandards.gov.uk/advice/problemswithservices-sum2.cfm

Some info on go locate fuel if needed. (copied from money saving expert forum):

Director: Mr Christopher Turner

Company Number 05548961

Address:

go locate fuel

global technologies

ground floor

newhall hey business park

newhall hey road

rossendale

lancs

bb4 6hl

Hi everyone,

It seems like we have all been edited, by this bunch of moorons.

I ordered on 7 nov, economy delivery. they take money right away, heard nothing for 3 weeks, only promise of delivery, Then told I need to pay another £26, for quicker delivery,

I got BEN on the phone,( he is going to find out what is going on and ring me back in 10 mins,) That was 2 weeks ago.

I cancelled and been told it will be 30 days for refund.

I have warned everyone I know, Not to deal with this company. But thought I was the only one with a problem.

We need to warn others.

Has anyone actually recieved any oil or a refund????????????

At one point I was transfered to accounts, And was really losing my temper. A swear word slipped out. And I was told they

were terminating the call.

WHAT CAN WE DO????????

Edited by slick132
Defamatory remark edited - please read Site Rules

Agree and many thanks for all the contact info. Noticed on the CAG site today that the "Don't get done get Dom" programme is soliciting leads so I've emailed them about Go Locate. As well as pursuing our individual claims we need to make these issues as public as possible to help others avoid being edited. As recommended by previous posts we're also contacting the Fraud Dept of our bank. Good luck and hope everyone manages to reclaim their money.

Edited by slick132
defamatory remark edited - please read site rules

I got my money back from the bank and low and behold by oil also arrived!!!! YIPPPPPEEEEEEE!....Am still letting Lloyds pursue this though as I am sure they are in breach of contract. We shall see and I will keep you posted

The way I finally got this was by being SICKLY NICE to Liz when knowing behind my fakeness I was going to do anything in my powers to get them!!! So email them and call them relentlessly and BE NICE

Here is an early xmas pressie for you all though :0))))) .Their suppliers direct number who Liz gave me... His name is:

CHRIS 01642 700 725!!!!!!

It would appear that the problem with go locate fuel is they are making money by holding onto customers money and not releasing it until 30 days after they have complained. I would suugest that the company is far more devious than this. What they are actually doing is playing the commodities market and using their customers money to do it. They do this by accepting your order for fuel at a certain price and then hold onto your money until the price of oil has dropped. Once it has dropped sufficiently and they have made enough money out of your "investment" they then get a company to supply oil and make a healthy profit whilst the consumer is left waiting and waiting and waiting. Of course if the price of oil rises after the consumer has paid for it and it continues to rise then Go Locate Fuel doesn't go ahead with the sale and leaves the customer waiting and waiting and waiting until they finally give in and ask for a refund.

Go Locate Fuel should be reported to trading standards by all consumers who have had the misfortune to use them. It is possible that speculating in commodities with consumers money is actually a criminal offence and may be trading standards would suggest persuing them for a criminal offence rather than the lesser consumer offence

have the same ordered on 2nd december, no order acknowledgement just took our money, have called 3 times just to ask for an order acknowledgement, they said will deliver within 3 weeks, but now say early jan. they want to charge 15% for cancelling the order, have lodged a complaint with the fraud team at visa, as this company is disgusting.

ben from golocate has now called, but becuase we have decided to cancel the order they say they have to charge 15% which seems very unreasonable to me, as this is what the suppliers charge them... i have never been charged for cancelling an order!. The t & c's just say they reserve the right to charge an admin fee which could be anything..i will see if i get my refund.

ben from golocate has now called, but becuase we have decided to cancel the order they say they have to charge 15% which seems very unreasonable to me, as this is what the suppliers charge them... i have never been charged for cancelling an order!. The t & c's just say they reserve the right to charge an admin fee which could be anything..i will see if i get my refund.

They've tried the same thing with us - their terms only allow them to do this if the order has been passed to the supplier. I asked for the supplier's name to investigate further and they refused to give it as it's a "secret". I suspect it hasn't been passed to anyone. When I pointed out that trying to obtain money by deception may be fraud, they stopped bothering to reply.

You could try to get the supplier's name, and if it's not forthcoming and you suspect fraud, I suppose you could always report them to the police. That's what we plan to do.

[Guys, if you have still not received oil or a refund, PLEASE contact:

dom(at)flametv(dot)co(dot)uk

to tell them about your issue. This is the production team for the "Don't Get Done, Get Dom" consumer affairs TV programme. I emailed details of our problem last week and they will be phoning us for a chat. The more people who complain to them, the more likely it is that we'll all get a result.

Many thanks.

Hi All

Same for me here - so annoyed at myself for deserting my usual online supplier for a few pence and going with these cowboys. It's now going to cost me more to re-order as oil price has increased since my order date, and thats even assuming I do ever get a refund.

So, ordered 500 litres 11th November - £249.90. Account debited (via debit card) immediately. Delivery as per website, 10-14 days. Here I am 34 days later and still no oil. Ben at GoLocate cannot give even an estimated delivery date, so I have finally requested a refund today.

I have contacted BBC Watchdog, Dom at FlameTV, and consumeradvice website - so lets wait & see if these cowboys get their come uppance.

Great! they are not even answering the phone now! ive contacted watchdog and ive got the visa debit people on to it too so hopefully they can sort something out! what a horrible time of year to be out of pocket! has anyone acctualy recieved a refund? this has been dragging on since 0ctober the 23rd for me and still no sign of my money or oil!

Keep up the pressure by contacting consumer TV programmes and your banks if the retailer is in breach of their agreement with you (and be sure to tell them exactly what you have done).

The good news is that we have now received a full refund, albeit late. I'm convinced that the reason for this is because we continued to fight our corner. Good luck everyone and really hope you either get your oil or your money back in full.