go locate fuel

alandted
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

they appear to be real amateurs even at ***********

I like that comment, probably quite astute. It is far too easy nowadays for any fool to set up a web site and appear to have something to offer but with next to nothing going for them when the going gets rough.

What is more of a worry though is what on Earth is happening with Trading Standards while this goes on.

They too would appear to be real amateurs It is far too easy nowadays for any fool to set up an enforcement agency and appear to have something to offer but with next to nothing going for them when the going gets rough.

:fear:

Edited by MARTIN3030

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Fredandles and welcome to CAG.

Whilst the behaviour of this company seems to fall far short of reasonable, you cannot make defamatory remarks about them.

Doing so puts our Site at risk of a claim for defamation which we cannot afford. Site rules are here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?17-Forum-Rules-Please-read-before-posting

Thanks 8)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I've sent this to BBC 5 live Journo I know.

It's a good story and I expect that we will get some contact

Who is prepared to speak to a media investigation?

Email me your contact details to our admin address if you are. put go locate fuel in the subject line please

I see the point and agree that an assertion of criminal conduct should not be attempted, short of the proof of a criminal conviction, but how far do we go with that?

Since the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 it is a strict liability criminal offence for a trader to mislead or omit, the inference being that every complaint that turns up about goods not as described is an allegation of a criminal offence.

8)

• Sad 1

We've ordered over £365 in mid December, still no oil, We've been without any heatings for two weeks, so sadly the same story as most of you who have posted. Its absolutely outrageous that this company can get away with it. They are edit no less.

I will be calling trading standards, the Police and my bank, in that order. They are surely committing edit.

I'll keep you posted.

Edited by slick132
still trying to avoid defamation

I've sent this to BBC 5 live Journo I know.

It's a good story and I expect that we will get some contact

Who is prepared to speak to a media investigation?

Email me your contact details to our admin address if you are. put go locate fuel in the subject line please

I would be willing to speak to a journalist about our treatment. selma

Hi Selma,

I've edited your post slightly as the site cannot carry defamatory remarks.

Re the order in which you'll contact people, I'd be on to the bank first, for sure. Try and get the bank to reverse the transaction asap.

If this company is as bad as it appears, they will surely close, or be closed. And when they do, they're bound to take customers' money with them. Try and make sure it's not yours.

If you want to put yourself forward for possible journalist contact, send your email address to us using the CONTACT US button at the foot of the page. Put Go Locate Fuel as the heading.

8-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Many thanks for this. I have since had to order oil from another supplier which ironically was £10 cheaper than Golocate and was delivered the next day!! I have completed the forms sent to me by my bank and am now waiting to hear from them. I have still not had confirmation of my order from Golocate and when I emailed them canceling the order, they replied to my email stating that this was not possible as the order was not yet due for delivery!! It goes without saying that I have not received my oil order from them.

Hi Cariad,

Keep on at the bank for a refund asap.

Are you dealing with any particular dep't at the bank ?

8-)

I did ask for the Chargeback department when I rang the bank but I'm not sure who I eventually spoke to. They told me that I had to give Golocate 15 days from the date of the actual transaction to deliver the oil. This took me up to 15th January which was the date I was instructed to enter on the bank correspondence. I was thinking of giving them 10 days to get back to me and then chasing them up again.

Hi Cariad

Keep on at the bank for a refund asap.

Are you dealing with any particular dep't at the bank ?

8-)

Hi Jason and welcome to CAG.

Contact your bank immediately and complain that you appear to be the victim of fraud. Ask them to do a charge-back and draw their attention to this thread.

Report the matter to Consumer Direct asking for them to refer it to the Trading Standards Office that deals with the company's address.

If the bank shows sign of unwillingness to refund, write to the GoLocateFuel giving them 7 days to refund you in full or you will take legal action, as well as reporting the matter to all relevant agencies and the press.

8-)

Hi Jason, I know exactly how you feel. I couldn't believe I'd been caught out by this company either and consider myself usually pretty internet savvy. My bank sent me some forms to fill in and I also contacted Consumer Direct and gave them all the details of this company. I haven't heard anything yet but will keep you all updated with any results.

Good luck!

Hello,

a bit of good news, I got a telephone number from someone on this forum, which took me directly to the company actually delivering my fuel. I rang them and fortunately for me they had just received my order from Go locate, that was on the 18th Jan. I explained my situation, having run out of oil, no heating, how long I had waited. They told me that they were due to deliver my oil by the end of january, over 6 weeks after I place the order with Go locate (20th december) and they had taken my money. The actual oil deivery company turned out to be Total Butler, and they said they would see if they could speed things up. My oil arrived yesterday. Yeh! The number to call is 01642 700725, they maybe handling your order so contact them, they will let you know if they are and when you are likely to receive your oil. Contact Go Locate again and ask them for the number of the company that is dealing with your delivery.

Go Locate actually only placed my order after I made very strong representations, and told them I was contacting Trading Standards and my bank.

They're not a [problem] exactly, they just hang on to your money for a long time waiting for the oil price to drop, which of course it has now that the christmas period is over. I don't know what I'm allowed to say on this forum, suffice it to say I feel I have been treated very badly by this company, and i certaily wouldn't have any dealings with them in the future. They are playing with people lives and causing a great deal of distress. I hope they are closed down. Good luck with your quest to get your oil or a refund

Hi Selma,

I'm really pleased you got this sorted out.

You say they're not a (whatever you can't say on our forums) company.

However, they take an order, specify a price, give you a delivery window, promise you the best price available and take your money immediately........

........ and then they fail to deliver on time, try hiking the price, avoid dealing with calls, repeatedly make further false promise about delivery ........

........ and then they again fail to deliver, refuse to refund, then offer to refund after taking a 15% slice for their admin fee !!

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck............ it's probably a duck.

This company appears to be doing everything, except what it promises when they take your money.

I don't know if they are intending to trade badly or they're just not very good at it. However, I certainly would not want to give them any of MY money, based on all that I've read here, on MSE and on other forums.

I am just about to commence legal proeedings! If only I had read all these comments before! I ordered, no delivery showed up and they pursuaded me to pay a express delivery charge to make a delivry (at round the originallly organied date!!!). I over-paid, being told that I would be refunded for what my tank wouldn't accommodate and 4 months, six emails and phone calls later, I am still waiting for a refund.

Hi JH and welcome to CAG.

If you've not yet started court action, it's not too late to try a different approach with GoLocateFuel. Check back through this thread and see what action has resulted in the best response for various customers.

For example, tell GLF that you will now :-

1. Complain to bank seeking a charge-back. Refer bank's fraud section to this thread.

2. Contact Trading Standards and the police unless they refund to your card with 48 hours.

3. Contact Dominic Littlewood and/or Watchdog, with a view to TV exposure.

If you contact GLF, make it very clear that you require a FULL refund - no admin charges, etc, the FULL amounts that you paid in total.

8-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12274846

Looks like the OFT are now investigating the domestic fuel situation :)

The market for heating oil and other "off-grid" forms of energy is to be investigated by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT).

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi everyone. I think I may have been one of the luckier people to deal with this nightmare company! I ordered in desperation 600 litres on 17th December to be told I would have priority delivery that I had paid for but they wouldn't disclose the supplier. The following week they could not give me a delivery date and we were down to approx 50litres (2 children and sub-zero temperatures). I did manage to secure a confirmed delivery elsewhere that week and tried to cancel - to be told that they would charge 15% for doing so. I questioned this with Trading Standards who informed me that I was covered by the Consumer Protection Act - Distance Selling Regulations and was advised that I was entitled to 100% refund. I sent this to Ben who agreed to refund the whole amount. As expected I had to chase this!! Bank cards were cancelled as a precaution and Go Locate refused to refund within 30 days. This caused us HUGE problems over the Christmas perios as we had to pay cash on delivery for the order we did receive. I took a slightly different approach and did everything by e-mail to Ben, I was very 'sickly sweet', thanking him so much for his 'help and support' (whilst wanting to vomit while doing so!). 2 days before the 30 day period was up, I emailed again to ask if they would process the refund so it was cleared in my bank within the 30day period - RESULT!!!!! I have received the FULL amount back. I'm not sure how many of you this may work for, but maybe it is worth a try.

I really do wish all of you the best of luck.

Edited by Delarose

Hi Delarose and welcome to CAG.

Glad to hear you got the refund in the end.

It is sickening, as you say, that you have to grovel to get back what is yours in 30 days and to THEN feel relieved. They had no right to keep YOUR money so long when they absolutely failed to deliver what you wanted - heating oil delivered promptly.

Useful input though, and thanks

8-)

Just had a letter from the Trading Standards Department who are also dealing with my complaint against Golocate. Apparently Golocate have asked for the names and addresses of everyone who has contacted the Trading Standards Department complaining about them. I have to fill in a consent form and return it before they will disclose my details. I'm not sure I feel comfortable about doing this as Golocate already have the details they need to issue a refund or deliver the oil. I don't see why they need to know who has complained about them. Any advice on this would be appreciated. I've tried ringing the person dealing with this in the appropriate Trading Standard Department but apparently they are in the process of moving buildings and are not available at present!!

I don't see why they need to know who has complained about them. Any advice on this would be appreciated. I've tried ringing the person dealing with this in the appropriate Trading Standard Department but apparently they are in the process of moving buildings and are not available at present!!

:!:

It is a criminal offence, to mislead consumers.

It is not then so easy to prosecute the offence without the evidence, the testimony of the consumer. Hearsay is not admissible.

If it goes to a hearing you would have to identify yourself, so the question to ask yourself is would you rather that the prosecution were not to take place.

8-)

Hi Cariad,

Another angle is that GoLocate may be trying to appease TS saying, if you let us know who has complained about us, we will do our best to resolve their complaint.

Personally, I would give TS your consent to disclose your details to GoLocate. It may assist in you getting a refund more quickly if the bank fail to act on your behalf.

I would also press the bank to reverse the transaction if they can.

Just do whatever it takes to get your money back from GoLocate.

8-)

Hi Cariad,

Another angle is that GoLocate may be trying to appease TS saying, if you let us know who has complained about us, we will do our best to resolve their complaint.

Personally, I would give TS your consent to disclose your details to GoLocate. It may assist in you getting a refund more quickly if the bank fail to act on your behalf.

I would also press the bank to reverse the transaction if they can.

Just do whatever it takes to get your money back from GoLocate.

8-)

I have given Trading Standards permission to disclose my details. They have told me that I am entitled to a full refund as I am covered under the Distance Selling Regulations and told me that I should maybe consider taking civil action against the company. I am reluctant to do this so will continue chasing my bank to do a chargeback. I'll keep you all posted with any progress. Thanks for all your help and valuable advice.

Great news!!! Rang the Dispute Team at HSBC this morning and was told that they were going to credit my account in full within two to three days. I've just checked my balance and the money is there already.

Thank you to all on here without whom I am sure the outcome would have been quite different. I had no idea that I could claim a refund from my bank, so thank you all again for the brilliant advice and much needed moral support.

Good luck to anyone who is still awaiting settlement of their claims.