anyone claimed money from council for 'private' fostering succesfully?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

my partner and I have been taking care of a then 15 year old girl for 18 months. The council decided it was 'private fostering' which means that the parents agree and pay for the arrangement.

There never was such an arrangement, since the girl had run away from home and her dad did not want anything to do with her anymore.

We received some money from the council (£400) but they stopped the payments when they discovered we had claimed Child Tax Credits. Due to a mistake from our side, we were overpaid the Child Tax Credit and now have to pay back £2700!

We would like to ask Social Services to pay this amount, since they stopped all payments when they heard that we were receiving this money.

Does anyone have any experience with cases like this, are we in our right to claim it from the council?

We have fought for a long time to get any sort of expense payment and never received it from them, although the child has now been placed in foster care which is costing Social Services £400 a week in foster payments to the 'official' foster parents.

We have saved them over the 18 months 78weeks x £400 = £31200, so I believe that asking them for only £2700 is quite a good deal for them still!

Or is anyone aware of lawyers who would be interested and willing to have a look into this?