Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
    Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2009

Default Re: Claiming back bank charges – The PPI approach

Hello there.

Lord Tiger hasn't logged in since 2012, so I don't know if you'll get a reply. If you have a similar problem, it would be better to start a new threadicon of your own.

HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder mzfrfd Novitiate

Cagger since : Jan 2017

Aaah ok! Thanks for letting me know honybee13.

Hi honybee13

Do you know of anybody on CAGicon who has attempted to get their bank charges back via the method that Lord Tiger suggested? Its seems like a rational approach...

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

no!!

no-one
    that's rather a whimsical argument..

so what issue do you have with what bank and why..

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Summary

Advantage Gold Account held between 1998 – 2008
    2 x PPI reclaims successful
    1 x Natwesticon Credit card PPI complaint successful
    1 x Packaged Account fees complaint ongoing

Bank charges History

Circa £7000 taken in Bank charges between 2004-2008 which caused extreme hardship and stress related illness at that time. Whilst there is no hardship now, there was severe hardship at the time so my belief is that any claim now would be based on current circumstances and fail. Any thoughts on this?

A complaint made to bank in 2007 to recover charges was put on hold by the bank until the outcome of the Supreme Court test case, which due to the outcome seem to conclude concluded that the original charges reclaim complaint could not succeed.

However, I am wondering whether,with an account reconstruction to validate, a claim can be made with the suggestion that if those mis-soldicon PPI premiums were not taken from the Advantage gold account in the first instance, monies would have been available in the account and the charges would not have been incurred, so therefore need to be returned. A back door approach for sure, hence my Interest in Lord Tiger’s thread.

How say thee dx100uk? Is there any viable route to reclaiming these charges? Has it been done before under any similar circumstances as outlined above?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    no!!

no-one
    that's rather a whimsical argument..

By the way. Why do you think Lord Tiger’s approach was whimsical? Where do you feel it fails?

thanks

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

i would use the hardship route then

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details