Admiral Insurance - retrospective charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a policy with Admiral which was due for renewal from 1st Nov.

I shopped around and got a cheaper deal so I cancelled the Admiral policy.

I have just got a letter asking for a £262.75 cancellation charge. I called to query this and was told that during the shopping around period I had notified them of a speeding fine I got last year(this is correct) so they have charged me retrospectively for the policy surcharge with this speeding fine.

The information I gave them was not exact, I guessed the date of the speeding fine as I did not have a copy to hand. I have told them they have charged me based on incorrect information.

This does not seem fair, is there anything I can do to avoid making the payment?

If the speeding offence occured during the last period of Insurance i.e 1/11/09 - 31/10/10, then according to Admirals policy wording you did not need to advise them until renewal. So they can't charge you a backdated premium.

You should send them a written complaint with details of the speeding fine.

You would have needed to have advised Admiral of the cancellation of cover on or before 1/11/10. What many people don't realise is that with many policies set for auto renewal, you start to clock up premium plus cancellation charges from the renewal date, if you don't cancel in time.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread