Anyone know....?

kessik
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

...if I can change my car insurance before the year is up? I'm with Sheila's Wheels and paid up front for the year. I've got about 5 years NCB and from looking on moneysupermarket.com think I can get cheaper insurance. Can I just cancel my insurance (runs out in January) and go somewhere else? :?

kessik

Barclays £3065 - prelim letter 30/7/06 - LBA 15/8/06

Halifax CC £495 - prelim letter 30/7/06 - LBA 15/8/06 - MCOL 5/9/06 - FULL REFUND!!

Sainsburys CC £580 - prelim letter 30/7/06 - offered £25 10/8/06 :lol: - LBA 15/8/06 - MCOL 3/9/06 - FULL REFUND!!

First Direct £352.50 - prelim letter 11/8/06 - LBA 25/8/06 - offer of FULL AMOUNT 7/9/06

Virgin CC - Data Protection Act letter 3/8/06

New Look £110 - prelim letter 30/7/06 - LBA 15/8/06 - offered £50 20/8/06 - MCOL 1/9/06 - £142.25 r'cd 25/9/06

OH MBNA CC - Data Protection Act letter 14/8/06

OH Halifax CC - Data Protection Act letter 14/8/06

Yes you can, but you may not get anything back! be prepared for them to say you're not entitled but they may give you a refund, alternatively quotes can be kept for 6 months with some companies so you may be able to change in january under the same quote, good luck

• Confused 1

Yes you can, but you may not get anything back! be prepared for them to say you're not entitled but they may give you a refund, alternatively quotes can be kept for 6 months with some companies so you may be able to change in january under the same quote, good luck

Thanks for this - I haven't checked on my policy whether they will refund anything if I go elsewhere before the policy is due for renewal - OH changed his with two months left and didn't get a refund but they did give him his full year no claims when the renewal would have been due.

kessik :)

Barclays £3065 - prelim letter 30/7/06 - LBA 15/8/06

Halifax CC £495 - prelim letter 30/7/06 - LBA 15/8/06 - MCOL 5/9/06 - FULL REFUND!!

Sainsburys CC £580 - prelim letter 30/7/06 - offered £25 10/8/06 :lol: - LBA 15/8/06 - MCOL 3/9/06 - FULL REFUND!!

First Direct £352.50 - prelim letter 11/8/06 - LBA 25/8/06 - offer of FULL AMOUNT 7/9/06

Virgin CC - Data Protection Act letter 3/8/06

New Look £110 - prelim letter 30/7/06 - LBA 15/8/06 - offered £50 20/8/06 - MCOL 1/9/06 - £142.25 r'cd 25/9/06

OH MBNA CC - Data Protection Act letter 14/8/06

OH Halifax CC - Data Protection Act letter 14/8/06

OH changed his with two months left and didn't get a refund but they did give him his full year no claims when the renewal would have been due.

kessik :)

If your OH was on maximum scale with his insurer then they would give him proof of no claims anyway. Its only if your less than maximum that they wont give it because a full term hasnt been completed.

Regarding changing your insurance, its unlikely you will get a refund as its over 8 months (usual practice with most companies) however you also may be liable for any cancellation fees as stated in your Policy t&c's for ending the contract early.

What you have to remember is that when you took your policy you had the chance to shop around at that time to find a cheaper deal, now 10 months later you find other offers cheaper. This is understandable as rates can change monthly and weekly but you bought the 12 month policy in good faith at the time of inception.

Don't forget that 3rd partie sites (confused.com/insuresupermarket.com etc) can show cheaper prices but without the extra's many rely on such as legal, courtesy car etc. Add these and they are not always cheap.

Best to wait 30 days before your renewal then look around.

In Insurance, thinking "It wont happen to me" could mean you dont have the cover you want at a time when you want it! - Dont always reject a Courtesy Car or Legal because you find the cost too much! Whats more valuable? YOU or the Policy Premium?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please add to my reputation if my reply was informative to you. (click the scales);) Replies offered by me are not linked to anyone, and is from my own personal experience.:grin: