Car under 1 year old stolen

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

My brand new car which I have had for under a year has been stolen.

Insurance has valued it with the current prices on auto trader/local dealers. Is this right?

The insurance (RBS) did the valuation and said I must contact Tesco to see if they can do a 'New for Old' and replace it for me with a brand new car. RBS said if ti was written off due to an accident then they would probably give a new car but as this is stolen, they said I must contact Tesco.

Please advise

Thanks

Hi Guys

My brand new car which I have had for under a year has been stolen.

Insurance has valued it with the current prices on auto trader/local dealers. Is this right?

The insurance (RBS) did the valuation and said I must contact Tesco to see if they can do a 'New for Old' and replace it for me with a brand new car. RBS said if ti was written off due to an accident then they would probably give a new car but as this is stolen, they said I must contact Tesco.

Please advise

Thanks

Often if a car is less than a year old and a new replacement is available, they will replace with new. But this is normally only if the car is written off. Not sure about the situ if stolen. You will have to phone the Tesco claims number shown in your policy documents.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for your reply

I have just read my policy documents and it states that if it is lost by theft, and if damage costs more than 60% of the value of the car then they will replace it.

Thanks

I take it the police have been informed and are investigating? Can you expand a little on the circumstances in which the car was stolen, i.e. where from/did it have an imobiliser ect. Also make/model and exact age may help in advising you.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.