Motor claim - not at fault but with cr modifications not disclosed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I just wanted to ask a question.

I have a car with accessories that weren't disclosed when I took out the car insurance.

I had an crash with another car, and the other driver was responsible for the accident.

I read that my policy won't pay for the accesories that weren't disclosed but I wanted to know that taking into account the other car was responsible, if the insurance company of the other driver should also cover the accesories as they should pay for my damages.

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

If as you say, the other driver was at fault, then the all damage caused should be covered by his/her insurance so it matters not that your insurers were not aware of the accessories. However, you should disclose them in the event of any furture claims.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Agreed, you need to make a claim directly against the 3rd parties Insurers, so that you don't get into an argument with your own Insurers. If the car is a write off the 3rd parties Insurers will pay the market value including the accessories, which is something your own Insurers won't.

If the 3rd parties Insurers prove akward, if the accident was definately the 3rd parties fault, you could use a claims accident management company to handle the claim.

Do that for the minute. Once you know that the 3rd parties Insurers will be dealing with the claim, you should make your own Insurers aware of the accident and that you are using the 3rd parties Insurers. It is a condition of the policy to keep the Insurers advised.

Suggest that you always notify Insurers of any modification to a car, as if you don't you risk not have a valid Insurance. Could prove very expensive. Someone I know wrote off a £5k car with mods and the Insurers refused to pay put.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread