Accident and car insurance might be void.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm in desperate help here folks. Been literally worried to death about this.

Had an accident some time last month. The car infront took an emergency brake and I failed to stop. The car infront only had some minor scratches which probably cost £30-40 to repair where as ines was totalled, 15 year old banger.

The car is in my fathers name and I'm the second driver, rarely use it. However I'm scared my insurance may be void due to fronting. I didn't claim liability yet or on the day.

The other person is claiming some sort of injury but her car was alright just some minor issues on the bumper.

I'm afraid I may end of in debt £15-20k if the company voids the insurance and I'll be liable to pay even though her car was fine and she walked out uninjuried.

I've read a few threads and get a feeling I may be liable for the liability rather than the insurance company.

Any advise on what I should prepare myself, got the letter form the solicitor. I need to be prepared for the worst. Is it possible to declare bankruptcy, I can't afford to have my parents in debt because of this. They are both on minimum wages and have worked hard all their lives.

I'm prepared to have a crap credit report etc;

Thanks for any responses.

You should not worry too much. As long as the car is registered in your dads name and there is no evidence of fronting, then the Insurers will deal with the claim as normal.

Just let your dad deal with the claim, with you providing any information about the accident he might need. If you try to deal with the claim, it might look as if you have been fronting.

If the solicitors letter is representing the third party, then your dad needs to pass this onto his Insurers. It might be a good idea, just for him to send the solicitor a letter just saying that the letter has been passed to his Insurers, noting the name and address of the Insurers and the policy number. He should not make any comment about the accident or claim. The letter should simply supply the Insurers details and that the letter has been passed onto them.

You must let your dad and his Insurers deal with this. DO NOT get involved, apart from helping your dads Insurers with any information that they might need from you.

If you keep this simple as above and stop being paranoid about it, then you should be ok. People will always try it on when they have had an accident, so no surprise about the 3rd parties injury. This is for your dads Insurance company to deal with.

Stop worrying. Only the guilty should feel guilty. If you are not, then what is the point in getting stressed out about it. Most people have had accidents at some point in their driving life. Just learn from it, by allowing space between you and the car in front. Perhaps they braked to cause the accident. Some people do stage accidents, so they can make claims for injury.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Good advice. Let us know what happens

You should not worry too much. As long as the car is registered in your dads name and there is no evidence of fronting, then the Insurers will deal with the claim as normal.

Just let your dad deal with the claim, with you providing any information about the accident he might need. If you try to deal with the claim, it might look as if you have been fronting.

If the solicitors letter is representing the third party, then your dad needs to pass this onto his Insurers. It might be a good idea, just for him to send the solicitor a letter just saying that the letter has been passed to his Insurers, noting the name and address of the Insurers and the policy number. He should not make any comment about the accident or claim. The letter should simply supply the Insurers details and that the letter has been passed onto them.

You must let your dad and his Insurers deal with this. DO NOT get involved, apart from helping your dads Insurers with any information that they might need from you.

If you keep this simple as above and stop being paranoid about it, then you should be ok. People will always try it on when they have had an accident, so no surprise about the 3rd parties injury. This is for your dads Insurance company to deal with.

Stop worrying. Only the guilty should feel guilty. If you are not, then what is the point in getting stressed out about it. Most people have had accidents at some point in their driving life. Just learn from it, by allowing space between you and the car in front. Perhaps they braked to cause the accident. Some people do stage accidents, so they can make claims for injury.

Thanks for the reply unclebulgaria67.

I guess I'm over-reacting. Really appreciate the advice and will take on aboard everything you mentioned.

One more question, how can they suspect fronting?

They can suspect fronting from documentation for the car. V5 reg document, invoice/receipt for purchase, invoice/receipt for repairs/servicing, who paid the car tax. etc. They will request all the documents to do with the car and they will check as much as they can. They will also request copies of driving licences and will check for any offences. If they find out information about the main driver e.g. they claimbenefit for a disability that would affect driving, then this might suggest that someone else is the main driver.

Insurers will ask for information, so that they can investigate as far as possible, whether the information given to take out the policy was correct. If your dad gave accurate information, then it would be difficult for the Insurers to prove who had actually been the main driver.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

They can suspect fronting from documentation for the car. V5 reg document, invoice/receipt for purchase, invoice/receipt for repairs/servicing, who paid the car tax. etc. They will request all the documents to do with the car and they will check as much as they can. They will also request copies of driving licences and will check for any offences. If they find out information about the main driver e.g. they claimbenefit for a disability that would affect driving, then this might suggest that someone else is the main driver.

Insurers will ask for information, so that they can investigate as far as possible, whether the information given to take out the policy was correct. If your dad gave accurate information, then it would be difficult for the Insurers to prove who had actually been the main driver.

I can confirm by father paid for the MOT and TAX and his name is on the V5 documents. Neither of us have any sort of convictions before or related accidents.

Been just readig this:

If an insurance company believes "fronting" has taken place, it can refuse to pay any claim. The young driver can then be treated as driving without insurance and face a fine with six points penalty points on their licence.

I guess Insurance companies will have access to everything. :jaw:

If an insurance company believes "fronting" has taken place, it can refuse to pay any claim. The young driver can then be treated as driving without insurance and face a fine with six points penalty points on their licence.

Insurers should investigate first and not make allegations that they can't prove. They can believe what they like, but this must be backed up by information that they have found to come to this belief.

If I were you, I would stop reading some of the stuff online. Yes there are some idiots out there who have been fronting and been caught out. That is their problem.

Sometimes these online forums can be a breeding ground for hysteria.

Insurers should investigate first and not make allegations that they can't prove. They can believe what they like, but this must be backed up by information that they have found to come to this belief.

If I were you, I would stop reading some of the stuff online. Yes there are some idiots out there who have been fronting and been caught out. That is their problem.

Sometimes these online forums can be a breeding ground for hysteria.

My father is telling me the same thing although his just trying to help me stop worrying about this. His been very supportive and caring, which is all that matters. Glad his around to help me. :madgrin:

Though a good lesson learnt for next time, thanks again for the help.

I'll just keep my head up and see what happens.