Void by Inception how long do you disclose? Theft and then daylight robbery!

krobbie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help!!! I am trying to research on behalf of my husband how long we have to disclose that he has had car insurance void by inception.

Long story short we were broken into and the car was stolen in 2007 (a very traumatic time, especially when the car was never found again) When the policy was automatically renewed we had not updated that he had since received three more points, thus voiding his insurance. We accept that it was his fault and have ended up paying £10000 out as we were not insured.

What I find utterley appalling is that now since the theft his car insurance has more than trebled due to the 'void' of the insurance. Surely this can not be for the remainder of his life? How long do we have to declare??? To add insult to injury whilst researching I found out that if you are caught drink driving it would only affect your premium for 5 years!! I am thinking that I should turn to crime.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Help!!! I am trying to research on behalf of my husband how long we have to disclose that he has had car insurance void by inception.

Long story short we were broken into and the car was stolen in 2007 (a very traumatic time, especially when the car was never found again) When the policy was automatically renewed we had not updated that he had since received three more points, thus voiding his insurance. We accept that it was his fault and have ended up paying £10000 out as we were not insured.

What I find utterley appalling is that now since the theft his car insurance has more than trebled due to the 'void' of the insurance. Surely this can not be for the remainder of his life? How long do we have to declare??? To add insult to injury whilst researching I found out that if you are caught drink driving it would only affect your premium for 5 years!! I am thinking that I should turn to crime.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is it correct to assume that the policy auto renewed and then the vehicle was stolen and that the motoring offence should have been delared during that period of cover?

did they give a reason for voiding the policy??

usually any undisclosed convictions are added to the policy and any backdated premiums paid. If however there are other motoring offenses and then this additional one would have not allowed the policy to renew due to underwriting criteria then they can cancel back the to last renewal date.

• 3 years later...

Hi, Have you had any luck with this? I am in a very similar situation and from what I understand the need to declare insurance being void form inception is for the rest of my life! It does not seem correct really since like you said - we only have to declare drink driving for 5 years. And yet insurance companies do not ask when was the insurance void - they only want to know if it did. I know this is an old post but maybe someone out there had similar problem and if so, please advise!

Hi, Have you had any luck with this? I am in a very similar situation and from what I understand the need to declare insurance being void form inception is for the rest of my life! It does not seem correct really since like you said - we only have to declare drink driving for 5 years. And yet insurance companies do not ask when was the insurance void - they only want to know if it did. I know this is an old post but maybe someone out there had similar problem and if so, please advise!

Will ask the site team to set up a new thread for you. Can you post up the whole story please and I will try to reply tomorrow.

This thread is over 3 years old and you are very unlikely to get a response.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

start a new thread.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...