Halifax cancelled my home insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter the other day from Halifax telling me they had cancelled my home buildings & contents insurance. When I telephoned to ask why they said it was because the direct debit payment for September had not gone through.

I explained that we have recently undergone a traumatic family separation, that I was now a single parent and that I had not seen any of the correspondence they claimed to have sent previous to this cancellation. I also offered to make up any arrears and to put a new direct debit from my account (it was previously from my ex-partner's account and we were both named on the policy) if they would reinstate the policy.

They refused point blank and also refused to insure me under any other policy. I pointed out my blameless 5 year record of having insurance with them and the mitigating circumstances. They were completely unhelpful. I suspect that the fact I have CCAd Halifax for a credit card (an entirely separate issue) may have something to do with this.

I went straight online and found another policy but have today received the documents which state I must disclose if a policy has previously been cancelled. Please can someone advise what is the best thing to do here and do I have any right of redress?

Just phone the new company and explain that your policy with Halifax was cancelled due to a Direct Debit issue, caused by a temporary family issue. Tell them due to service issues with Halifax caused by this, you decided to go elsewhere.

The new company should be ok about this.

Halifax and other companies in the Lloyds group including Esure are getting a very bad reputation for treating customers very badly. I suspect it is now company policy, not to issue another policy, if a previous one is cancelled due to payment problems.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread