Axa Travel Insurance (Nightmare!!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyopne please HELP!! - My Mum & Dad had to cancel their trip to Ireland as my dad suffered a suspected heart attack at Manchester airport whilst waiting for the plane so couldnt travel and had to go to a local hospital. I had to recoup for him costs on the car parking at Manchester, Hire Care in Ireland & Flights with Aer Lingus. I managed to recoup costs of hire car & parking myself and the companies involved were excellent. Axa Asked for proof that my parents did not catch the flight and asked for a letter from Aer Lingus to confirm this which Aer Lingus duly supplied. Along with various other pieces of information Axa required ie. medical notes from hospital etc. they have seemed to put up stumbling blocks throughout the entire process. To top it all the only thing they were required to do after I had done most of the work was to refund the flights. After 8 weeks and deducting an excess of £80 they have refunded the cost of the flights £44 but not the airport taxes of £200 - Is this legal? If so who do I contact to try claim the airport taxes back as there is no mention of this on their letter? So all in all I have done most of the leg work myself in claiming money back, paid their excess of £80 and they have refunded £44. When try to speak to customer services they just told me 'Thats the way it is' - They maybe right but very upsetting and realy weant to be able to claim the airport taxes back if possible.

Many tHnaks and all advice greatly received

Hi jibbes

I hope your dads getting better.

This is from another thread - C/O Friend:-

I think you need to write to the vendor of the tickets, personalise the letter, explain the circumstances, hopefully they'll wave the admin fees. Send it recorded.

'The issue of taxes is slightly different in that you can apply to the airline or travel agent who booked them to get the taxes back however you will end up with a tiny proportion of what you actually paid by the time everyone has applied their adminlink3.gif fees and some of the taxes are non refundable anyway'.

Hi Rebel11 - Many thanks for your reply. Dad doing well but the stress Axa seem to be causing him affecting him so trying to take over for him so he can destress a bit. Will follow your advice and many thanks. Will the vendor of the tickets be Aer Lingus as flight booked direct with them?

Many Thanks