Egg card CRP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I SARd egg last year asking for everything but specifically mentioning key documents, including PPI application and PPI credit agreement. I received nothing that I can see proves I actually asked for PPI.

I recently wrote to egg asking for a refund of CRP premiums and interest, stating the following reasons why I believe it to be mis-sold:

1. I don't recall asking for it; and

2. My employment status would not have facilitated a payout- I was a student and although I was employed part time, I was not guaranteed any hours, thus I could potentially work 12 hours one week, 4 the next, and none the folowing.

Egg have replied stating the following:

Our online sales process:

Does not require you to take rpi as a condition of obtaining the credit card.

Does not provide an advisory service.

Required you to positively confirm that you wished to purchase this policy during the online application.

Provided full terms and conditions of the policy and requested you read them before submitting.

Therefore they are not upholding my complaint and consider it closed. Yadda yadda. Do egg usually fob people off, or have they actually looked into things?

By some miracle, I have my original documentation from when I applied. When I was sent the card agreement to sign, I also received a set of T&Cs for the PPI, but nothing to sign. The interesting points from this are:

Eligibility

You can take out this policy if at the start date you are:

actively at Work and have been working continuously for the 6 months immediately prior to the start date

Definitions

Work means a continuous period of permanent gainful employment (either full time or part time) You must also pay the correct National Insurance contributions.

What is not covered- Unemployment

You are not covered if you become unemployed:

because your work is seasonal, casual, temporary or occasional

I can now amend my complaint to additionally say that my employment was seasonal as I only worked during university term time, and I only started my job 4 months before I applied for the card.

To recap, I don't recall asking for CRP and Egg have provided no proof; I was employed for only 4 months before the CRP began; My employment was seasonal; My employment could probably be described as casual (zero hour, no guaranteed hours).

Should I go back to egg with additional evidence, as they have stated in their letter? Or am I best to go to the FOS?

at the end of the day you have the usual fob-off letter for whatever reason.

just ignore what they are saying and put in your claim and spreadsheet

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Craigers,

As Dx has said, you have had the brush off from Egg.

You need to go through your statements and enter each monthly PPI charge into a spreadsheet along with the date of charges.

If you attach the spreadsheet to a post, I will go through it and help calculate how much you should be claiming.

DJ

i'm slightly concerned that the fos wouldn't take my complaint as the account began prior to the formation of the fos. how would a court look upon the fact i have the t&cs, and even though i don't recall signing any agreement for the ppi, they clearly state the conditions i have highlighted that the ppi wouldn't cover?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...