Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder craigers Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Oct 2008

Default Egg card CRP

I SARd Eggicon last year asking for everything but specifically mentioning key documents, including PPI application and PPI credit agreement. I received nothing that I can see proves I actually asked for PPI.

I recently wrote to egg asking for a refund of CRP premiums and interesticon, stating the following reasons why I believe it to be mis-soldicon:

1. I don't recall asking for it; and

2. My employment status would not have facilitated a payout- I was a student and although I was employed part time, I was not guaranteed any hours, thus I could potentially work 12 hours one week, 4 the next, and none the folowing.

Egg have replied stating the following:

Our online sales process:

Does not require you to take rpi as a condition of obtaining the credit card.

Does not provide an advisory service.

Required you to positively confirm that you wished to purchase this policy during the online application.

Provided full terms and conditions of the policy and requested you read them before submitting.

Therefore they are not upholding my complaint and consider it closed. Yadda yadda. Do egg usually fob people off, or have they actually looked into things?

By some miracle, I have my original documentation from when I applied. When I was sent the card agreement to sign, I also received a set of T&Cs for the PPI, but nothing to sign. The interesting points from this are:

Eligibility
    You can take out this policy if at the start date you are:
    actively at Work and have been working continuously for the 6 months immediately prior to the start date

Definitions
    Work means a continuous period of permanent gainful employment (either full time or part time) You must also pay the correct National Insurance contributions.

What is not covered- Unemployment
    You are not covered if you become unemployed:

because your work is seasonal, casual, temporary or occasional

I can now amend my complaint to additionally say that my employment was seasonal as I only worked during university term time, and I only started my job 4 months before I applied for the card.

To recap, I don't recall asking for CRP and Egg have provided no proof; I was employed for only 4 months before the CRP began; My employment was seasonal; My employment could probably be described as casual (zero hour, no guaranteed hours).

Should I go back to egg with additional evidence, as they have stated in their letter? Or am I best to go to the fosicon?

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

Default Re: Egg card CRP

at the end of the day you have the usual fob-off letter for whatever reason.

just ignore what they are saying and put in your claim and spreadsheet

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Oct 2008

you mean put my claim in to the fosicon?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    dj1971 Informative dj1971 Informative dj1971 Informative dj1971 Informative

Cagger since
    Apr 2009
    I am in
    London

Craigers,

As Dx has said, you have had the brush off from Eggicon.

You need to go through your statements and enter each monthly PPIicon charge into a spreadsheet along with the date of charges.

If you attach the spreadsheet to a post, I will go through it and help calculate how much you should be claiming.

DJ

Cagger since
    Oct 2008

in addition, i complained about the fact the PPIicon premiums continued to be charged to the card for 8 months after the account defaulted. how can they possibly charge a card that has defaulted?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Apr 2009
    I am in
    London

These people are complete leeches with no morals craigers, simple.

DJ

Cagger since
    Oct 2008

i'm slightly concerned that the fosicon wouldn't take my complaint as the account began prior to the formation of the fos. how would a court look upon the fact i have the t&cs, and even though i don't recall signing any agreement for the PPIicon, they clearly state the conditions i have highlighted that the ppi wouldn't cover?

Cagger since
    Oct 2008

wrote to Eggicon again. they still no budging. what next?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Apr 2009
    I am in
    London

As already suggested, contact the fosicon.

DJ

Cagger since
    Oct 2008

have sent my complaint to the fosicon. i'll no doubt hear from them in a year or so.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE