Tesco Motor or Home insurance complaints

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just abit of info, if you have complaint regarding the above but have yet to do anything about it,now is the time to do it, the complaints dept has a back log of about 11,000 complaints, and there are basically chucking money at them to go away, as long as its under £200

As from the 19th RBS no longer underwrites Tesco so they are trying to put their house in order before they migrate to Fortis.

From what I have read, the existing Tesco policies underwritten by UKI will gradually migrate across at renewal to Fortis between now and next October. The complaints on the existing UKI policies will be handled by UKI as per normal, in line with FSA required timescales.

Having 11,000 claims outstanding appears quite high, but I suspect that this is for all types of policy and for both customer service issues, as well as claims, probably mostly claims.

I can't imagine that UKI will be throwing money around. Now that they have lost the new business, they are going to want to minimise costs as they run off the Tesco book.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

From what I have read, the existing Tesco policies underwritten by UKI will gradually migrate across at renewal to Fortis between now and next October. The complaints on the existing UKI policies will be handled by UKI as per normal, in line with FSA required timescales.

Having 11,000 claims outstanding appears quite high, but I suspect that this is for all types of policy and for both customer service issues, as well as claims, probably mostly claims.

I can't imagine that UKI will be throwing money around. Now that they have lost the new business, they are going to want to minimise costs as they run off the Tesco book.

UKI will be dealing as normal, but the instruction to offer compensation of upto £200 came from the Director to clear the backlog.

11,000.00 - you sure ??? - just for outstanding, for Tesco alone ? Sorry to doubt.

If the £200.00 is offered on every case that's over 2million squid.

they offer upto £200 all dependant on the severity of the complaint,also they would take the man hours of investigating into account, easier to offer £20,30,40 etc quid than spend hours checking calls,writing letters etc

I can see some complainants accepting a sum as a down payment, but continuing their complaint to see how much additional money they can get out of them. UKI could say something along the lines that the payment is ex gratia and not an admission of any liability or error on the part of UKI. But I don't think that would be very smart, if UKI had not actually looked into the complaint properly.

Perhaps UKI lost out to Fortis because they could not offer Tesco what they wanted due to having Direct Line within the RBS group. Tesco if they are operating in the same way as their Supermarkets like to drive down the costs of their products, so they can obtain a volume of business. With Direct Line in the same group, perhaps RBS were not willing to offer a Tesco product that undercut their own leading brand. I don't blame them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread