Cancellation Fee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just sold my car with 2 1/2 months left on the insurance policy and 2 outstanding payments left for it. I rang up my insurers to inform them that the car had sold and they told me they wanted both the outstanding payments and a cancellation fee of £45 on top. I'm on benefits and can't afford to pay this, unless I take it from the sale of the car, which I really don't want to have to do. If I had kept my mouth shut and just left the policy to run it would have just been the 2 outstanding payments taken over the next 2 months and no cancellation fee. How can they justify charging me an extra £45 and still expect the remaining 2 months payment if I'm not being insured for this period of time? Can anyone offer me advice on what I should do here as surely I should either pay the cancellation fee or the remaining payments, not both?

Yes I agree that this is really silly. You end up paying more than the annual premium cost, for a 10 month policy.

Suggest that you pay the 2 months payments and threaten to take this to the FOS. This needs to be challenged. Yes it is covered by the terms of your policy, but I think the regulatory bodies should view these terms as unfair.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread