Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Liamhastings Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Sep 2006

Default Parking eye quick help

Quick one here.
    My car got a ticket from parking eyeicon, working for Morrisons, from one of their car parks. They say I was there for over 2 hours, and it was caught on camera.
    However, it was my mother driving the car - she's on my insurance and uses it from time to time.
    I used the basic set of letter templatesicon, and have informed them that I was not the driver at this time, but they've sent me a letter, saying that my appeal was unsuccessful because of '2008 Judge Ackroyd Oldham court, Combined Parking Solutions verse Stephen Thomas, in the case where Mr Thomas claimed not to be the driver, it was ruled that he was, and was ordered to pay the charge and costs.'
    Is this true? What are my next steps? I have no intention of giving them my motherís details, so I would just end up paying it. Or should I just state her name and refuse the address?
    Many thanks!

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    DBC Informative DBC Informative DBC Informative DBC's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2008

Default Re: Parking eye quick help

You have done too much already by "appealing". That system is a complete sham as it's done "in-house" and is not in dependant. From now on do not contact this company again and ignoreicon any correspondent from them. You do not owe them a penny.

As for that court case, it's widely beleive that it was a "set-up" and can be discounted. And parking eyeicon have never been known to take anyone to court.

Basic Account Holder asmodeus Novitiate

Cagger since
    Sep 2009
    I am in
    Middle England

FIrst thing - don't panic at the official looking paperwork. It is designed to look official and frighten you into reaching for the cheque book.

All you have is an invoice for an unjustifiable amount - the driver was a shopper in Morrisons and used their free car park so all they can claim for is actual loss which is zero. A Morrisons I occasionally get caught at has the same bunch of [problem]sters running the car park and there is a website set up on how to deal with them (google Morrisons Reigate)

The Thomas case - may have been a setup or just that he did something foolish like say too much on the internet under (PPC's monitor the forums). More recently one of these PPC's tried their luck in court (Wakefield) and came badly unstuck being fined heavily because they set out to intimidate

The fact is inspite of all the threats PPC's very rarely do court because there are too many defenses and they know they would lose and that costs them money.

Currently am receiving junk mail from another PPC and the latest debt collectorsicon letter (powerless sad people) gives an impressive list of successful CCJ's but the important point they have missed out is what they are for which is most likely unpaid utility bills, council tax etc.

The invoice will contain lots of might's, may's and if's - all empty threats because parking eyeicon do not do court. It simply is not worth their while taking you to court for their zero loss. If they are stupid enough to go to the expense of installing ANPR cameras etc. then that is their problem and should not be funded by innocent shoppers. The whole system is a [problem] and relies on the fact that the victim does not know it is a [problem] and hands over an unwarrented amount of their hard earned cash.

Do what you should have done in the beginning and ignoreicon all the paperwork they send and if still in doubt search through the various threads

ignoreicon, ignore and if still uncertain try ignore

Basic Account Holder Dragons Dennis Informative Dragons Dennis Informative Dragons Dennis Informative

Cagger since
    Oct 2010

Suggest you watch BBC Watchdog on iplayer from last night. They hit the nail very much on the head. There is no appeal, the case quoted means sod all as far as you are concerned for goodness sake. My mate was found guilty of speeding once, that doesn't mean I am!

DO NOT reply to them ever again.

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative

Cagger since
    Feb 2008

2008 Judge Ackroyd Oldham court, Combined Parking Solutions verse Stephen Thomas, in the case where Mr Thomas claimed not to be the driver, it was ruled that he was, and was ordered to pay the charge and costs
    How is this relevant? He WAS the driver.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE