Contents Insurance - Loss Adjusters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Had a break in a few weeks back where the buggers took mainly jewellery and some electronics.

My claim had been passed to a loss adjuster who popped round took copies of all the reciepts and everything seems fine.

The point at which we're at now is the jewellery taken is worth over 10k proved by reciepts.

The loss adjuster has informed me that there is a valuables limit of 3k (total) on the account which i was not aware about( since looking around on the net i see this is common place )

I went hunting the house for the policy document and found it, it states the amount of cover and legal cover with dates but no mention of any limits. It also doesn't have any disclaimers such as ' read policy summary for full deatil ' etc etc

Also this policy i have had for years with just constant renewals to the extent that i was told it is still an indemnity policy rather than the new ' new for old ' policies although this doesn't affect the jewellery.

Any idea where i stand with this, and if i wanted to argue my case what process would be best.

Any help would be very gratefully recieved.

Thanks guys

Ask which specific term of the policy they are referring to regarding the limit.

They may say you were sent a replacement policy document x years ago (I was when my insurance company revamped their products) or that the limit was notified to you at renewal. Do you have all your renewal notices?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

They refer to it as high risk items limit.

With regards to the renewal there was never any mention on the notices to changes of terms and conditions, but i will have a look to see if i have any left.

However, if they have made a change to my policy to include certain limits, surely they have to state this on the policy document?

There is usually a limit written on the schedule or in the policy wording for high risk items such as jewellery.

You will receive a reduced settlement based on the limit.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread