What Are My Rights?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was made redundant last September and started claiming off my Halifax Mortgage Protection policy from January this year. Payments have been made as per policy conditions etc. However I recently received a letter from the Halifax stating that they are to carry out a claims assessment. This is to be carried out by a third party company ( Loss Adjusters ) who are to call on me soon. Having spoken to the Loss Adjustment company to make an appointment for them to visit me, they have requested to see numerous documents, including my Redundancy letter ( which was sent to the Halifax in January ) and my Bank Statement. I have absolutley nothing to hide, but are they entitled to see anything they want or can I keep somethings private?

hi snowflame, i would be very careful showing anyone your bank statements under the data protection act 2008, it would certainly be worth you ringing national debtline on this as they are very informative on all sorts of things, tell them about this, and see what they advise you, their telephone number is 0808 808 4000 monday to friday 9a.m. to 8p.m. and saturday till 1p.m. they are extemely knowledgeable, and will if they do not know am sure will tell you what to do next,

i am not saying this is right or wrong, but if it were me i would certainly check out my rights as a consumer first, hope this is helpful. totiesquoties.

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol: