CarCraft And NAC warranty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I too have had problems with carcraft and repairs to a vehicle , have trawled the net until I ended up here ! More advice and help than I imagined available ! Most importantly managed to contact the customer services , Linzi , on the number displayed in another post. All sorted within 3 hours ! Just wanted to say thank you to all who have posted qith their invaluable info and particulary to Linzi ! Please contact her if any problems , she is a credit to carcraft , not sure they really deserve her though ! Sue

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Carcraft Customer Service Manager

Hi SueThank you for the lovely post Sue, we have ordered your part, and i got your voicemail from this morning, so don't worry about that. As soon as i have any update i will give you a call. i anticipate completion no later than the end of the week.Many thanksLinzi

• 2 weeks later...

I brought a car from carcraft 3/11/2011 vauxhall insignia estate, got the car home and throughout the first week had a lot of noise coming from the brakes. Took the car in to carcraft west midlands in December where the mechanic told my partner that the car is dangerous and unsafe.

So carcraft sold me an unsafe vehicle breaching the agreement. Also after going through the figures it looks like carcraft have lied to the finance company about the amount of deposit I paid. Today I have emailed carcraft and I am awaiting there reply, I have the financial ombudsman working on this also as they are contacting Barclays partner finance. I have an unsafe car and a finance agreement based on a lie. Lots more issues with the car but these are the main issues. Hope to hear from them soon

Hi Kerri-ann,Sorry to hear you are having issues, we have received your email, one of the advisors has tried to call you today, unfortunately to no avail. If you could let me know when you are available, we will try again.Many thanksLinzi

Thanks, I have spoken to the financial ombudsman and they are ready to act on my behalf should I need them. I'm hoping Carcraft can sort this out but if not then I intend to go all the way with this.

Will stay on this site and keep everyone updated.

I brought a car from carcraft 3/11/2011 vauxhall insignia estate, got the car home and throughout the first week had a lot of noise coming from the brakes. Took the car in to carcraft west midlands in December where the mechanic told my partner that the car is dangerous and unsafe.

So carcraft sold me an unsafe vehicle breaching the agreement. Also after going through the figures it looks like carcraft have lied to the finance company about the amount of deposit I paid. Today I have emailed carcraft and I am awaiting there reply, I have the financial ombudsman working on this also as they are contacting Barclays partner finance. I have an unsafe car and a finance agreement based on a lie. Lots more issues with the car but these are the main issues. Hope to hear from them soon

Hi

Are you able to let us know what the mechanics are saying is wrong with the car or is that now subject to confidentiality?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

When my husband took the car in in November all he was told was something about a clip missing which holds the brake and it had to be ordered in.

We have had a call today and they claim that the brakes were replaced but the mechanic didn't say that at all, he wouldn't let my husband take the car until this part had been fitted, he was there from 10am till about 4pm.

No further ahead at the minute no one has accepted that they breached the agreement yet by selling an unsafe vehicle.

Some of the other issues are:

Told it had service history but it has none.

We wanted the 160bhp model and got 130bhp

Car nearly stalls when travelling at high speed.

Faulty wiring headlights.

The vehicle is booked in for Monday to be looked at by the service centre.

If they even attempt to get me to pay for any of the work that needs doing then I will automatically be rejecting the vehicle and contacting the finance company.

Will update this post on Monday evening.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Like so many, I am now experiencing problems.

I bought a 3year old Vauxhall Corsa from carcraft April 29th 2011. At that time the car was exactly 3 years old and had just gone through it's first MOT. mileage on the clock 34871. I too was 'encouraged' into a 5 year NAC Guarantee.

My vehicle went yesterday for it's MOT and was shocked at the work it needs doing, although it passed it's test. Mileage on the clock today 38721. I have only done 3,850 since i bought the car and now i was told the car needs a clutch kit for gear selection, requires engine breather pipes, sump leaking oil, rear crank oil seal leaking oil, a total repair bill of £1,017.24p unbelievable, the car is not quiet 4 year old and I only drive 11 miles a day to and from work. I have tried to contact NAC for a solid week and cannot get past their answer machine. After reading all the horror stories i am not at all expecting NAC to pay the repair bill, one thing is for sure though, if the car does not get sorted, creation finance does not get paid and i will be in touch with Citizens Advice. The repairs needed are no way down to wear and tear, all tyres are the same ones that were on the car when bought, all brakes etc... are the same when bought which proves that I am a low mileage driver and a careful one. Only reason i bought the car was because every other week I finish work at 1am. When you buy a car 3 year old you expect it to last more than a year.

Anyone from Carcraft can help?

Edited by silverfox1961
removed libellous word

Hi AlsunlandI have PM'd you some details.ThanksLinzi

Hi SamAt the moment, the appointment that was on Monday has been rescheduled for later on in the month. (at the customers request)Once we have looked at the car, we will be able to move this issue forward.ThanksLinzi

Hi Linzi, i cannot reply to you via pm as i am a new member but here is the information, in basic you need:

To answer your questions:

Yes the vehicle was serviced at Carcraft Northeast In November 2011.

The car went for it's MOT yesterday, Wed 11th at Bristol Street Motors, Sunderland, Main Vauxhall Dealership who diagnosed the faults and urgent repairs needed. I spoke to a representative there who stated that the Engine breather pipes, Sump Leaking, Crank Oil Seal leaking are not down to wear and tear, the clutch he said is questionable.

I have only drove 3,871 miles since purchase, if the clutch is regarded as wear and tear surely this cannot be down to me, surely i cannot be held responsible for mileage on the clock at the time of purchase. The vehicle cost £7,499.00 + £63.25 car tax + £1, 795.00 Extended Guarantee.

The vehicle Registration [edited], Purchased at Carcraft North East.

I have spoken to Carcraft Customer Services who said they would email NAC to contact me urgently, they have not yet.

Thanks again Linzi and hope you can help me and the car.

Hi AlanThank you very much for sending me the details, i have spoken with NAC and they will be in touch with you shortly. They will need you to fax over the diagnostics on 0845 643 7102. See what they say once they have received the information, and get in touch with me again if you are having any problems.Many thanksLinzi

Hi AlanNAC have tried to call but can't seem to get through, What is the best time for them to call you?ThanksLinzi

Hi Linzi,

I spoke to a very polite lady at NAC (Carcraft) who asked for a full report and quote of repairs needed of the vehicle. A full diagnostic report from Vauxhall main dealership, Bristol Street Motors has been sent to her fax number.

After nearly 2 weeks of calling NAC Carcraft without getting past the answer machine, i feel it is your help they have eventually phoned me, which i thank you.

Will you please confirm. NAC is Carcraft according to my 5 year Guarantee booklet, yet your customer services at Carcraft say they do not use NAC anymore. Well i personally don't care what or who owns NAC, Carcraft sold me the Vehicle and Carcraft sold me the 5 year Guarantee, a fee nearly amounting to £10,000, so you can understand it is Carcraft's door I come knocking and I hope will help to repair my car, a vehicle i have owned less than a year and only driven(today's mileage update) 3,873 miles.

CC Automotive Group Limited is Carcraft and NAC or my paperwork and booklet lie?

Thanks again Linzi

Alan

Edited by Alsunland

Hi AlanI am very pleased the wheels are now in motion so to speak, i can confirm that we no longer sell NAC guarantee, we now sell our own Drive Happy Guarantee, but rest assured NAC is still in existence, and is owned by UK Car Group, who also own Carcraft. I hope this helps.Many thanksLinzi