CarCraft And NAC warranty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, im writing on behalf of my father in law who is 62 and has no knowledge of computers.

Now his trouble with Carcraft and NAC warranties is as follows and needs advise.

He purchased a very nice 2.5 year old car from carcraft in Feburary 2010. Took out their finance and extended 5 year NAC warrenty.

Upto last week the car has been great, its been serviced regulary and has been all over the country as he likes to travel being retired.

I personely rang NAC up and told them that his vehicle had been heard at our local vat registered garage and the mechanic said that the dual mass fly wheel was broken.

So on instruction of NAC, i took the car back to carcraft so they could get NAC to inspect it and fix the problem.

Yesterday morning my father in law recieved a phone call from carcraft telling him that NAC have inspected the fly wheel and are not going to pay for it. On that he was told by carcraft that the total to get the job done is over £900. So i rang NAC warrenties and was spoken to a very ubrupt welsh gentleman who really didnt care about the job that needed fixing. He then started ranting at me on the phone asking who the hell i thought i was and put the phone down on me.

That is not exceptable in the real world of buisness.

I then found out later he was the manager of NAC.

So i have had many phone calls with carcraft and have come to this.

As i sat next to my father in law in Feb 2010 when he bought the car, the salesmens point of sale was that the vehicle still had 7 months manufacturers warranty on it. Yep that was fine until we find out that the service book was not with the vehicle after purchasing the car.

Carcraft are insisting that the vehicle went to them with out the service book or manual and no spare key. Now i have spoken to 8 major dealer ships throughout Nottinghamshire and all of them said that if they recieved the car as part ex or sale they would have made sure that service book etc would of been with it as it was only 2.5 years old at date of sale.

CarCraft are still insisting £240 to just put the car back together without doing the job.

I fell that my father in law has been sold this car with no care from carcraft. The NAC warranty is going to be cancelled as i have read over the last couple of hours how its a big con.

Over the last 6 months my father in law has rung carcraft about such service book and manual and he has every time been promised that it would be in the post and yet nothing has arrived.

I spoke to Vauxhall yesterday and the very nice gentleman said that even though the car is 1 month over the 3 year warranty they would waver that as the fly wheel has gone at such and early age 34000 miles but without the service book they cant do anything

Can you advise on this please

Edited by joker0870
more info

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the 5 year warranty in front of me and it says clearly in black and white the fly wheel is covered. But NAC reckon that they sent out a independant auto technician to inspect it and they are saying it has lateral play and yet they will still not fork out.

CARCRAFT AND NAC are the biggest con i have ever seen. They get you to take out this supposed great warranty and then you get stung.

At the moment i am seeking some advice as to see if this can be a legal matter

it would seem that all the NAC warrantys are a waste of time. Stamped or not as you still need invoices to proove which they also dont give you. I never even asked for a warranty told one came with the car but yet i have been charged 1,270 for in one year i havent had the service history stamped therefore its void anyway. Yet its two years free warranty oh my god i cannot believe carcraft have got away with this there are thousands of people complaining. Seek professional advise they are conning people on a daily basis

Guest Carcraft Customer Service Manager

Hi joker0870

My name is Linzi, a Customer Service Manager from Carcraft, I am sorry you are having difficulty with your fathers claim, if you would like to call me on 01706 753569 I can see if I can be of any assistance.

Many Thanks

Linzi

Hello

I can't promise you that I have all the answers, but if you give me a call, I can certainly try to help.

Thanks

Linzi

UPDATE:

Linzi has sorted a major problem out for me. All is sorted, repairs started and a problem found with engine acu is being paid for by NAC. This was found today to be a problem also.

So if any of you have a problem with carcraft or nac, give lovely Linzi a ring cuz she can sort things out.

Thanks Linzi and thanks consumer forums for your help

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, I have the exact same problem, the NAC have agreed I have a problem with my car (repair quote is £679). After a few days constant calling between them, the repair garage and Carcraft, I finally got the NAC to say yes it's covered but only up to £300, which is a number seemingly plucked out of the air, as it's not the cost of a part, any labor or anything on the quote! Doesn't make any sense! Car booked in for repairs so I've a few days to get this sorted, but it seems to me that the NAC have just picked this number randomly, as in my 2 year warranty there is no mention of having to only pay a certain amount or even that I have any excess to pay. I'd kind of understand if it was the cost of the part or something, but it feels like they are trying to just trick me into thinking that's all that's covered!

I want to speak to Linzi, but can't work out how to contact her? See it says call me but no number! I've spoken to Carcraft Customer Service a few times in the past and they've always been fairly helpful and pleasant to deal with, but I want to speak to her as she comes under such recommendation by the OP...

Thanks for any help :)

Hi everyone, I have the exact same problem, the NAC have agreed I have a problem with my car (repair quote is £679). After a few days constant calling between them, the repair garage and Carcraft, I finally got the NAC to say yes it's covered but only up to £300, which is a number seemingly plucked out of the air, as it's not the cost of a part, any labor or anything on the quote! Doesn't make any sense! Car booked in for repairs so I've a few days to get this sorted, but it seems to me that the NAC have just picked this number randomly, as in my 2 year warranty there is no mention of having to only pay a certain amount or even that I have any excess to pay. I'd kind of understand if it was the cost of the part or something, but it feels like they are trying to just trick me into thinking that's all that's covered!

I want to speak to Linzi, but can't work out how to contact her? See it says call me but no number! I've spoken to Carcraft Customer Service a few times in the past and they've always been fairly helpful and pleasant to deal with, but I want to speak to her as she comes under such recommendation by the OP...

Thanks for any help :)

Hi Bazwilkinson85

I will PM you with my number. I'd just like to add that if the NAC are covering your claim and they have offered you £300, this is because this is the maximum claims limit under the 2 year Free Extended Guarantee.

Depending on Mileage/length of time you have owned the vehicle i may not be able to help you, but give me a call and we will discuss it.

Thanks

Linzi

Hi Linzi, tried to send you a PM but I can't as haven't posted enough yet!!!

I just tried to call you and left a message, but my mobile is 07917134070.

I have read that there is the £300 limit, which is fine, but the car is in being repaired now and they've said I need a new cambelt (which is covered) and a new system of pulleys which holds the cambelt in place (not sure 100% what this is but they said the one in my car is shot). Basically, I have only had the car a year and a week, and as far as I can see all of these parts which have failed are not wear and tear, they are down to failure of the parts. I wanted to know if there was any way in which I can get around to get more from my warranty - even if I could split the one big job up into seperate claims? Normally I wouldn't challenge what it says in the warranty book, but because so many parts have failed in the car in such little time (and little mileage!) I wondered if there is anything you can do to help? The cost for repairs is up to £800 now, which is huge amount!!!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Barry

Hi Barry

Sorry, just seen your post/voicemail - been out of the office most of the day - I will be in touch as soon as i can, however looking into this i'm not sure i will be able to do much purely due to the length of time you have had the car - but i will help as much as i can.

Thanks

Linzi

• 1 year later...

hello linzi

is it possible for you to contact me on [PERSONAL DETAILS REMOVED]

i took at the nac warranty when i bought a car off carcraft last march, but i went back to carcraft at the beginning of this month to get a new car so i gave the other back which has the warranty on it, im having great difficulty with carcraft they have said that they will cancel the nac for me and when i spoke to them last week they said they were waiting for conformation off nac that it had been cancelled, when i spoke to carcraft again this morning i was told that they will speak to nac to cancel it so they have blatantly lied to me and not even attempted to cancel it, as you can understand this is causing me stress as i dont need a warranty or a car i no longer have, could you please help as im getting nowhere with them.

thanks lisa

Can I ask that personal details not be given out. You may get more than you bargained for

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi LisaThanks for contacting me, I am looking into this for you (i got your voicemail also), i have emailed the relevant departments, as i believe an email was sent to Accounts yesterday from Trafford. As soon as i have a response i will give you a call.Many thanksLinzi

hi

would just like to say a really big thankyou to Linzi for sorting out my issues with carcraft, she sorted out my issues the same day absolutely fantastic :-D an absolute credit to carcraft, cant say how much i appreciate her help.

thanks again

lisa :-D xx

Thank you very much for your kind words Lisa - was a pleasure to help you :)