Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Basic Account Holder Kerri-ann Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Mar 2012

Default Re: CarCraft And NAC warranty

The vehicle is booked in for Monday to be looked at by the service centre.
    If they even attempt to get me to pay for any of the work that needs doing then I will automatically be rejecting the vehicle and contacting the finance company.
    Will update this post on Monday evening.

Basic Account Holder Alsunland Novitiate

Cagger since
    Apr 2012

Hello Everyone,

Like so many, I am now experiencing problems.
    I bought a 3year old Vauxhall Corsa from carcraft April 29th 2011. At that time the car was exactly 3 years old and had just gone through it's first MOT. mileage on the clock 34871. I too was 'encouraged' into a 5 year NAC Guarantee.
    My vehicle went yesterday for it's MOT and was shocked at the work it needs doing, although it passed it's test. Mileage on the clock today 38721. I have only done 3,850 since i bought the car and now i was told the car needs a clutch kit for gear selection, requires engine breather pipes, sump leaking oil, rear crank oil seal leaking oil, a total repair bill of 1,017.24p unbelievable, the car is not quiet 4 year old and I only drive 11 miles a day to and from work. I have tried to contact NAC for a solid week and cannot get past their answer machine. After reading all the horror stories i am not at all expecting NAC to pay the repair bill, one thing is for sure though, if the car does not get sorted, creation finance does not get paid and i will be in touch with Citizens Advice. The repairs needed are no way down to wear and tear, all tyres are the same ones that were on the car when bought, all brakes etc... are the same when bought which proves that I am a low mileage driver and a careful one. Only reason i bought the car was because every other week I finish work at 1am. When you buy a car 3 year old you expect it to last more than a year.
    Anyone from Carcraft can help?

Follows
    Following

Corporate Poster Carcraft Customer Service Manager Novitiate Carcraft Customer Service Manager's Avatar

Cagger since
    Oct 2008
    I am in
    Rochdale, Lancashire

Hi AlsunlandI have PM'd you some details.ThanksLinzi

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2009

What's happening with Kerri-ann's case Linzi?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.
    Follows
    Following

Corporate Poster Carcraft Customer Service Manager Novitiate Carcraft Customer Service Manager's Avatar

Cagger since
    Oct 2008
    I am in
    Rochdale, Lancashire

Hi SamAt the moment, the appointment that was on Monday has been rescheduled for later on in the month. (at the customers request)Once we have looked at the car, we will be able to move this issue forward.ThanksLinzi

Cagger since
    Apr 2012

Hi Linzi, i cannot reply to you via pm as i am a new member but here is the information, in basic you need:

To answer your questions:
    Yes the vehicle was serviced at Carcraft Northeast In November 2011.
    The car went for it's MOT yesterday, Wed 11th at Bristol Street Motors, Sunderland, Main Vauxhall Dealership who diagnosed the faults and urgent repairs needed. I spoke to a representative there who stated that the Engine breather pipes, Sump Leaking, Crank Oil Seal leaking are not down to wear and tear, the clutch he said is questionable.
    I have only drove 3,871 miles since purchase, if the clutch is regarded as wear and tear surely this cannot be down to me, surely i cannot be held responsible for mileage on the clock at the time of purchase. The vehicle cost 7,499.00 + 63.25 car tax + 1, 795.00 Extended Guarantee.
    The vehicle Registration [edited], Purchased at Carcraft North East.
    I have spoken to Carcraft Customer Services who said they would email NAC to contact me urgently, they have not yet.
    Thanks again Linzi and hope you can help me and the car.

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam Authoritative sailor sam's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2009

post deleted. Incorrect info.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Oct 2008
    I am in
    Rochdale, Lancashire

Hi AlanThank you very much for sending me the details, i have spoken with NAC and they will be in touch with you shortly. They will need you to fax over the diagnostics on 0845 643 7102. See what they say once they have received the information, and get in touch with me again if you are having any problems.Many thanksLinzi

Cagger since
    Oct 2008
    I am in
    Rochdale, Lancashire

Hi AlanNAC have tried to call but can't seem to get through, What is the best time for them to call you?ThanksLinzi

Cagger since
    Apr 2012

Hi Linzi,
    I spoke to a very polite lady at NAC (Carcraft) who asked for a full report and quote of repairs needed of the vehicle. A full diagnostic report from Vauxhall main dealership, Bristol Street Motors has been sent to her fax number.
    After nearly 2 weeks of calling NAC Carcraft without getting past the answer machine, i feel it is your help they have eventually phoned me, which i thank you.
    Will you please confirm. NAC is Carcraft according to my 5 year Guarantee booklet, yet your customer services at Carcraft say they do not use NAC anymore. Well i personally don't care what or who owns NAC, Carcraft sold me the Vehicle and Carcraft sold me the 5 year Guarantee, a fee nearly amounting to 10,000, so you can understand it is Carcraft's door I come knocking and I hope will help to repair my car, a vehicle i have owned less than a year and only driven(today's mileage update) 3,873 miles.
    CC Automotive Group Limited is Carcraft and NAC or my paperwork and booklet lie?

Thanks again Linzi
    Alan

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Oct 2008
    I am in
    Rochdale, Lancashire

Hi AlanI am very pleased the wheels are now in motion so to speak, i can confirm that we no longer sell NAC guarantee, we now sell our own Drive Happy Guarantee, but rest assured NAC is still in existence, and is owned by UK Car Group, who also own Carcraft. I hope this helps.Many thanksLinzi

Cagger since
    Apr 2012

Yes the full report was faxed to NAC, i now wait for their reply.

Cagger since
    Oct 2008
    I am in
    Rochdale, Lancashire

Hi AlanI have tried to call you as i have liaised with NAC and would like to discuss this further with you. I have left a VM on your landline with my telephone number. I am here until 6 this evening and back in tomorrow from 9am, i wil be out of the office for quite a lot of the morning, but please just leave me a VM and i will get back to you as soon as i can.Many thanksLinzi

Cagger since
    Apr 2012

Hi Linzi I have returned the call and left a VM with my number. I am available on this number all week until 3pm as I leave for work at 3. Thanks Alan

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE