Vodafone Cover me Insurance Claim denied ? HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello once again my dear cagers

Im a pay monthly Vodafone costumer since 3 years now , with 2 handsets with Cover me Insurance ...

Unfortunately i accidentally damaged my phone breaking the LCD screen , contacted Vodafone customer service by Email (Web-form) this morning asking how could i make a claim so i could get a replacement phone under the Cover me insurance that i pay since i did both contracts (never did a claim before )

Accordingly to Vodafone website Cover me insurance

Does Vodafone Cover Me insurance include accidental damage to my phone?

Monthly

All damage is covered on Vodafone Cover Me insurance - accidental damage (being dropped or crushed or water-damage) can be claimed under your insurance.

Breakdowns, faults or software errors are covered under warranty and by repair once out of warranty.

___________________''______________

Email sent to vodafone

Date: 10/6/2010 12:06:49 PM

To: ccare.webmails @ help . vodafone .co .uk

Subject: Claim

Hello i recently damaged my phone , the front screen is broken , i have vodafone cover me insurance , what i have to do to proceed with my claim ?

Thank you

ANSWER FROM THEM

Hello Jose, I'm sorry to learn that your phone is broken.

Jose, physical damages aren't covered under the claim and come under the manufacturer's warranty.

You can claim for the Insurance only once your phone is stolen or lost.

As the front screen of your phone is damaged, you could have it checked the nearest Vodafone Retail Store. To locate the nearest store please clickhere

Alternatively, if you wish I can arrange for the postal Repair for your phone.

In postal repair, I will send you a prepaid envelope with the address you need to send the phone to. You'll receive it within 3 - 5 working days. You just need to put the phone in the envelope. All the accessories like Memory Card, battery and SIM Card should be removed before placing it in the envelope. You can then post it to the nearest Post Office.

In order to arrange for a postal repair please get back to us with the following details:

• Make and model of your phone
  • Colour of the phone
  • IMEI number of the phone. You can get the IMEI number by dialling *#06# on your phone.
  • Brief description of the problem you are facing with your phone
  • Alternate contact number

If you have any data on your phone that you wish to back up (including contacts), please do so before you visit the post office. If you‘re not sure how to do this, you'll find more information in the handbook supplied with your phone or on vodafone website. Once the phone has been posted it isn't possible to retrieve information stored on the phone and it may be lost during the repair process.

It will take approximately 7 - 8 working days for the phone to get repaired from the date of submission.

Awaiting your reply.

Kind regards,

Gordon Dsouza

Vodafone Customer Services

We hope you have found our Email Customer Service helpful and convenient. To contact us please click

Thank you for being a Vodafone customer and I hope you enjoy all that Vodafone has to offer.

Vodafone has logged your email address in case it needs to contact you about other matters relating to your account. It may also be used for marketing purposes - you will soon receive an email explaining this and how you can opt out.

:sad::sad::sad:

Can anyone help me ?

Regards dear cagers

Hi Xbizkit,

Having just checked the Terms and Conditions here I can clarify that accidental damage is covered and so I'm a little confused by what's happened here.

As I'd like to take a closer look at this could you provide me with the email reference number from your previous contact with us and I'll come back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi AtlantisZPM,

Thanks for noticing and showing your appreciation for the work we're doing CAG.

As ever it's great to see that more and more members are taking the time to take a look at what we're doing here.

Take care and of course if I can assist you with anything just let me know.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK