style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, first post in this forum, I will try to be quick!

I had an attempted burglary in july and my insurance (council building insurance) said that I had to submit a claim to Cunningham Lindsay.

They called me and subsequentely sent me a letter stating that they were happy to pay for the cost of repairing the front door. They said that if I paid first and then sent them the final invoice they would reimbourse me fairly quick.

I had a door installed nearly a month ago and even though I sent them the final invoice the same day I'm still waiting for the cheque to arrive.

I tried to call them and they said that the lady that was dealing with my claim had left but that somebody else would look at my claim shortly.

I tried to call them again just to be told that they were doing it straight away but obviously they didn't.

I would like to know if anybody knows the legal time span in which they have to issue the cheque.

The claim was approved by them in writing, surely they can't keep me waiting for 6 months?

Or is this normal?

Thanks for your replies

Marco

Nothing 'legal'. As incompetence is allowed, it is up to you to pursue them, or take them to court for the full cost of the repair under the policy, but I'd WRITE to them, giving 28 days notice of court action to recover the money you paid out.